Welcome to the Aussie Scanners group, register today and join in the fun!!!  The main website, forum and tapatalk have all been updated...  Why not introduce yourself in the member introductions forum ? ...

Encrypted Frequencies not on ACMA database

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Queensland, covering Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Rockhampton etc

Encrypted Frequencies not on ACMA database

Postby Jabbo28 » Mon May 28, 2018 6:35 pm

In Dalby QLD there is encrypted data on the frequencies of 471.975, 475.975 and 479.975. I have run a search of the ACMA database but to no avail. What else can I find out about these?
Jabbo28

Re: Encrypted Frequencies not on ACMA database

Postby MattSR » Mon May 28, 2018 6:37 pm

Question - how do you know it’s encrypted?

What modulation scheme and framing does it use, and what encryption algorithms are in use?
MattSR

Re: Encrypted Frequencies not on ACMA database

Postby comport1 » Mon May 28, 2018 6:49 pm

It's not "Encryption" that you are hearing, it's most likely Data / Telemetry that you're hearing on those frequencies. Those frequencies sound familiar on my travels through Dalby & other parts of Queensland. Could also be DMR (Mototrbo) another form of Digital Voice, but most likely Data / Telemetry.

Also, you mention, not on ACMA Database? Well i know of plenty of Mines running Data / Telemetry modems/applications on Low Power on these or near these UHF Frequencies often between 470MHz to 480MHz, and are NOT Licensed, or are licensed in other areas.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.
------------------------------------------
Comport1
comport1

Return to Queensland