It Has Begun?

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
scannerman

It Has Begun?

Post by scannerman »

Hi all recently re-flashed my uniden 996t with all the latest cfa channels i know the uniden 996t cant be programmed with nac codes (as far as i know) as i put all the nac codes in freescan when programming. ive noticed a lot of encrypted traffic coming through on chnnels 600-1000 (cfa) since my scanner cant seem to decode the nac codes to block this unwanted traffic out im presuming it is coming from another agency.
X-Firey

Re: It Has Begun?

Post by X-Firey »

Those channels are in a busy part of the spectrum and some frequencies are also used in the SMR network for memory.
I had the same issue with my 996T. It's a shame that the 996T's can't utilise NAC codes. Unfortunately the only options you have are setting the audio type to analogue or digital but unfortunately that's not enough to remove any unwanted 'noise'... I'm not aware of any encrypted communications but I will have a listen over the weekend.
scannerman

Post by scannerman »

Thanks for your reply. Yes its a mess with the new channels i only put them in as i was told delp are going digital. I think my 996t is probaly picking up some data from smr control channels and portraying it as a digital encrypted signal
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

I have read elsewhere on this forum that DWELP are officially using their digital channels now.
xtl-kindaguy

Post by xtl-kindaguy »

X-Firey wrote:I have read elsewhere on this forum that DWELP are officially using their digital channels now.
DELWP

Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning

Yes they are confirmed using digital channels.
scannerman

Post by scannerman »

yes first radio Tests tomorrow at 10:00 hours Ch 762 Mt Hickey
IanG3145

Post by IanG3145 »

xtl-kindaguy wrote:
X-Firey wrote:I have read elsewhere on this forum that DWELP are officially using their digital channels now.
DELWP

Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning

Yes they are confirmed using digital channels.
They are really known as DONC, Department Of Name Changes. They waste millions of dollars changing their name every time they totally stuff things up, at least every 18 months. A bunch of idiot cowboys.
fletchba

Post by fletchba »

To be fair the agency itself isn't choosing to change their name every so often to confuse you.
It is the politicians putting their stamp on things that is the problem.
Thank god that finally someone has finally found some sense and decided to give them a permanent name change of FFMVic.
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

"Permanent" in government matters is only until someone decides to change something again :)

FFM Victoria is a section within DELWP so many will continue to refer to it as that I suspect.

"Dell Woop" has become entrenched into the lingo.
novaboy032

Post by novaboy032 »

Chasing the "dell whoop" channels if anyone is kind enough to share

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

Hi novaboy. If you have current list of the CFA mobile and portable channels DELWP are using digital channels 661 to 830.
The analogue channels are 831 to 999. I not sure if they still use them but the digital channels are active.

If you don't have a list of the CFA channels let me know and I will send you a copy.
I have Version 5, I don't know if there is a more recent version.
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

DELWP are using digital channels 661 to 830.
That's a lot of channels to scan :)

I've tried to get a current district usage list from someone with DELWP without success at this point.

However, in my neck of the woods after hunting through the ACMA DB then much listening around:

Macedon ranges/Ballarat area DELWP channels (all digital P25):

CH...FREQ
768 164.1125 Bendigo
715 163.0625 Ballarat ICC
795 164.2375 Ballarat work centre
718 164.2625 Ballarat Ops/ICC and Fire Towers in Mt Blackwood etc. group
798 164.1000 Fire Towers other - unsure which ones
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

Wednesday was a busy day for the fire towers.
From some of the communications heard I believe ch's 796, 797, 798 are linked.
From memory some of the towers heard on the day were Ben Nevis, Cherry Tree Hill, Mt Lonarch and Blue Mount.
I think they are all in the South West Region.

A map of DELWP Regions and Fire Districts can be found here.

http://www.ffm.vic.gov.au/__data/assets ... 140617.pdf

Unfortunately does not detail channel allocations.
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

I heard the same. The towers you mention I heard on 718, along with the other comms mentioned above, and I suspected 718 must have been linked with others, like they had with the old analogue channel 154.

Locations in the area (as well as possibly other places in Victoria):

718 & 715 are @ Mt. Macedon.
798 @ Mt. Blackwood
797 @ Blue Mountain
796 @ Jones Ridge
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

Further update, after a couple of weeks scanning the 49 unique frequencies in the set said to be used by DELWP:

161.2875 CH836 analogue mode: Fire TWRs Mt. Macedon, Mt. Ida, One Tree Hill etc. heard
164.1375 CH762 digital mode: Fire TWRs Mt. Despair, Mt. Hickey, Pretty Sally etc. heard

The Mt. Blackwood and other TWRs in that region on CH718 etc. have gone strangely quiet after activity last month.
novaboy032

Post by novaboy032 »

Not gonna lie, I'm lazy and cbf manually typing these into freescan or arc because I can't copy out of the pdf has anyone got a text document, freescan or arc file they feel like sending me? Haha

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

Give it a go. It's not to difficult and you will have to do it only once.
You will be able to customise your scanner setup the way you want it.
Perhaps you may get lucky and someone will give you a copy of their hard work.
Most of us have had to learn and do it the time consuming way...
Good luck and Happy Scanning!
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Ch.771 164.2375 active today.

Only heard traffic briefly (less than seconds worth) though as I had just finished loading up the DELWP profile to the TRX-1 and was giving it a quick run to ensure all looked good.

It sounded a bit garbled but that could've been due to poor reception as I was inside and only had the stock antenna on the unit, but it was definitely active.
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

I monitor DELWP on my TRX-1 using an external antenna and some transmissions are garbled.
Seems to be a bit of an issue at times and DELWP are often heard discussing it and change channels to rectify the problem.
It doesn't happen all the time and it seems like it may be due to conditions on the day.
daw24

Post by daw24 »

I don't know that much as I am just returning to the hobby, but around two days ago (today is the 16th), there was some chat on the dewp channels from region 8, around 2pmish. Sounded like digital, crystal clear in frankston, using car mount antenna & system. I originally thought it was CFA comms testing, but they were testing on other days prior. This was more clearer, as a digital broadcast is..... unscrambeled as I understood the transmission. One party asked another to call then via landline. After that, due to being mobile, I lost the conversation and have not heard that channel active sense....

Maybe it was something, maybe it wasn't..... I'm just putting out there