Uniden UH9080 police and fire services

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
UHF-VHF

Uniden UH9080 police and fire services

Post by UHF-VHF »

Hi guys, I have a Uniden UH9080 radio and on the radio you can select to listen to any of the emergency services... I belive it's only analog frequencies. Can someone please help me with a list of frequencies that I can't listen to in and around melbourne or victoria please.
X-Firey

Re: Uniden UH9080 police and fire services

Post by X-Firey »

The CFA still utilise an analogue voting network for dispatch in the outer metro area.

VicPol use an analogue voting network outside the metro area/country Victoria and AV have an analogue trunking system (RAVNET) in use for rural Victoria. RAVNET, although a trunking system, is still able to be monitored reasonably well by scanning selected frequencies.

The systems utilised by VicPol and AV for regional Victoria will in due course move over to the RMR digital trunking network. VicPol is due to change over mid year at this stage.

Check out Vicradio Zone for information and a comprehensive list of frequencies.
UHF-VHF

Post by UHF-VHF »

Thanks for the quick reply X-Firey, how do I know it's analog? I'm new to this stuff. Thank you so much
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

On Vicradio Zone there is a little bit of info or a description of the system and that will generally tell you if the system is analogue or digital. Any frequency that a 'NAC' associated with it is digital and any frequency that has a CTCSS associated with it is analogue. The MMR and RMR networks are digital systems.

I hope that helps a bit...
UHF-VHF

Post by UHF-VHF »

Thank you firey, helped me alot. I will look into the channels now.