Welcome to the Aussie Scanners group, register today and join in the fun!!!  The main website, forum and tapatalk have all been updated...  Why not introduce yourself in the member introductions forum ? ...

Queensland Rail DMR Tier 3 Network

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Queensland, covering Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Rockhampton etc

Re: Queensland Rail DMR Tier 3 Network

Postby dags19 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:09 pm

it shows the cc and slot number i am only having it scan the frequencies that are listed here at the moment another one seems to be 418.2625 cc 0 sl2 north coast
dags19

Postby comport1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:59 am

dags19 wrote:it shows the cc and slot number i am only having it scan the frequencies that are listed here at the moment another one seems to be 418.2625 cc 0 sl2 north coast

That's cool dags.... are you compiling a list of this activity as you hear it/ recieve it??

Cheers
------------------------------------------
Comport1
comport1

Postby comport1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Hey Guys

Just chasing an update, is there much activity on the QR DMR, have they fully migrated over to it yet?? Or is there still a bit of both Analog TCR and DMR?

Cheers
------------------------------------------
Comport1
comport1

Postby fire_rescue » Sun May 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Still analogue and DMR only addition i have seen is Toowomba/Oakey area
fire_rescue

Postby NevilleK » Sat May 27, 2017 5:24 pm

alinco21 wrote:Gold Coast still on 418.150 MHz FM. Will put those https://www.gabeba.com/testo-fuel-review-results other Testo Fuel freq in my AOR- AR-DV1 scanner and see what come up. Tier 3 would be a bit like the old trunking system, I guess.

Are they still on that frequency?
NevilleK
Newly Registered Users

Postby alexallberry » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:04 pm

Just in case anyone was playing with this network using a DMR radio instead of DSD+. It is a Tait teir 3 not Moto.
alexallberry
Newly Registered Users

Postby dags19 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:16 pm

what i can gather they have been having a lot of trouble with this,even the controller has said there pretty crap
dags19

Postby alexallberry » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:17 am

yeah its pretty hit and miss.
alexallberry
Newly Registered Users

Postby youngn » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:39 pm

alexallberry wrote:Just in case anyone was playing with this network using a DMR radio instead of DSD+. It is a Tait teir 3 not Moto.

This is mostly irrelevant as manufacturers follow the same DMR standard
"YOUNGN"
youngn
Forum Manager

Postby railscan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:30 pm

youngn wrote:
alexallberry wrote:Just in case anyone was playing with this network using a DMR radio instead of DSD+. It is a Tait teir 3 not Moto.

No it is not, particularly when you are talking Tier III. Even with Tier II try getting a Hytera radio to work properly on Connect Plus or Capacity Plus. When it comes to Capacity Max you are even further away from the goal posts. The only thing standard about DMR amongst the many manufacturers is the way the vocoder processes the signal. Most have added their little touches just to make life difficult for all concerned.

R
railscan

Postby youngn » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:47 pm

railscan wrote:
youngn wrote:

No it is not, particularly when you are talking Tier III. Even with Tier II try getting a Hytera radio to work properly on Connect Plus or Capacity Plus. When it comes to Capacity Max you are even further away from the goal posts. The only thing standard about DMR amongst the many manufacturers is the way the vocoder processes the signal. Most have added their little touches just to make life difficult for all concerned.

R

My bad, thankyou for enlightening me. I've definitely heard about Motorola making it difficult for other manufacturers when it comes to working with their systems but I didn't realise it was so widespread, I've seen Tait take interoperability quite seriously over the years so I guess I never really put much thought into it :oops:
"YOUNGN"
youngn
Forum Manager

Postby railscan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:18 am

Not a problem, we all have to learn. Technically speaking a conventional TierII repeater of any manufacturer should pass the signal from any TierII compliant radio. Maybe I should have said theoretically speaking...

Various manufacturers have tried to stick a close as possible to the open standard that is DMR. Others have sort of adhered but deviated just enough to lock the system to their brand of equipment only. I suppose that is business, which is fairly competitive when it comes to DMR.

Unlike NXDN which is really only a two horse race, Kenwood (NXDN) and Icom (IDAS). But even then there are difference at the higher levels that excludes each other equipment from being used.

R
railscan

Postby BrandonKinney » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:18 pm

youngn wrote:
alexallberry wrote:Just in case anyone was wondering you can get phenq here playing with this network using a DMR radio instead of DSD+. It is a Tait teir 3 not Moto.

Not all manufacturers follow the same DMR standard. And those who follow, they don't follow them to the T.
Last edited by BrandonKinney on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonKinney
Newly Registered Users

Postby railscan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:48 pm

BrandonKinney wrote:
youngn wrote:

Not all manufacturers follow the same DMR standard. And those who follow, they don't follow them to the T.

Why didn't I say that? Hang on a minute, I did.

R
railscan

Previous

Return to Queensland