SRM9000 AC Help please

Discussion on Philips / Simoco technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
fenny

SRM9000 AC Help please

Post by fenny »

Hey a mate gave me a simoco srm9000 ac has the 9020plus handset

I have no idea how it works...
What can I do with it and is it any good?
New to this so any help would be greatly apprecaited
ive treid to google some info best I can come up with is its 136-175mhz range. I figure its no good for cb or uhf but is it worth wiring up for other channels? unsure of whats in that range??
Is it legal for me to use??
Worth playing with or just EvilBay it??

Thanks Fenny
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: SRM9000 AC Help please

Post by Phantom »

Welcome to the forum!

If you are asking if it is legal for you to use, then you should already know the answer to this question. If you can't figure that out, then you probably should not be using it.

Do you hold a licence to operate anywhere on the 136-174 band? This might help answer the above question.

If you are wanting something for CB UHF then you should eBay this rig and put whatever money you get towards a radio that is on the correct band for UHF CB (assuming that is what you want to operate on)

They are a good radio, but only if you are licensed to operate the radio for the band which it is set to. As for what you can do with it - nothing unless you hold a suitable license to operate in the band of the radio.

I don't believe that you can change the band of the radio

Not sure what you could get ($$) for one of these radios on the eBay sites?

Hope it helps :)
RadioKid

Post by RadioKid »

Personally, I'd set it up as a scanner. But theres not much to listen to in that range.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
Uniden UBC126AT, Baofeng GT3
fenny

Post by fenny »

Ok thanks for that. I've always had UHF and never really looked into any thing else figured you need a licence to communicate with it and thought the best way to get the correct answer was to ask people who know. Think I'll stick with my basic UHF and this unit can be passed on to someone who has a use for it. Cheers again for the help