NSW Rail frequencies

This forum is a collective database of frequencies and information (callsigns, talk group ID's, channel allocations etc) for New South Wales
irspilots

NSW Rail frequencies

Post by irspilots »

Hey guys im looking for a list of rail frequencies. Yes i know the ARTC train control stuff is now done through the ice radios but i am looking for off train and end to end/ roll bys etc does anyone else scan this?

Cheers
Brett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RadioKid

Re: NSW Rail frequencies

Post by RadioKid »

450.050 is the main rail frequency (WB ch) NSW statewide

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
Uniden UBC126AT, Baofeng GT3
Sparker

Re: NSW Rail frequencies

Post by Sparker »

I'm a train driver for Rio Tinto in the Pilbara and new to hobby. As for the ETMs on the locos we enter a 5 digit number to match the ETM not sure if that is frequency but they start with 59***. The information we get from it is brake pipe pressure, if it moving or stopped and battery condition. The last 2 weeks playing with my new UBCD436 PT discovering the frequencies we use has been challenging and fun. We use 5 channels depending on your location with 2 radios, one stays on channel 15 for local talk and HBD ( hot bearing detector) and the other for Control (in Perth) for the track that you are on.

Not real sure but I think it uses a Voting Repeater System, as you move along the track I pickup different frequencies for the same channel. Been able to listen to all the channels has been a bonus but I had to remember to turn the scanner down when I transmitted so I didn't get the feedback through the radio.

I know this not in NSW but I thought you might be interested.

Cheers
Steve
Uniden UBCD436-PT
GME XRS Connect