Welcome to the Aussie Scanners group, register today and join in the fun!!!  The main website, forum and tapatalk have all been updated...  Why not introduce yourself in the member introductions forum ? ...

What modes can i use on UHF CB?

For amateur and citizens band radio enthusiasts, covering licensing issues, carrier dropping, sideband and all other related discussions

Re: What modes can i use on UHF CB?

Postby Nunya-Biz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:02 am

Yep, and rightly so -

( I've got no problem with 'the Moderation' in play here - as yeah, even I've gotta admit - I am being just a little too provocative, aren't I? )

It's tough being 'all verbally-dexteritive' and all - especially when attempting to engage colours beyond the fair spectral colour gamut…

At least the Moderator in question was kind enough, ( to leave it obvious enough ), that the term 'moderated' - infers a certain 'nether-region'...
Nunya-Biz

Postby 43AT198 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:12 am

Just when I thought this thread had been euthanased it gets dug up and shows that it has more plot twists and turns than an Agatha Christie novel.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
43AT198

Postby peteramjet » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Mr Nunya-Biz – I’ll keep it short because your rhetoric is becoming dated.

The facts have been determined. The context has been established. Within those parameters the original answers provided to the OP were correct. Your reply claiming otherwise was not.

The OP has not returned and does not need to for this discussion to come to any decisive end. This matter was ultimately decided back in 2015, well before you joined the forum and authored spurious claims.

Arguing with a fool only proves there are two – an aphorism that is well suited here. As such you won’t be hearing from me again in this thread.

I will however continue to relish in the knowledge that – in your now edited post – you accepted the above and surrendered your argument. Game - Set - Match stands, my conquered friend. 8)
peteramjet

Postby Nunya-Biz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Mr Nunya-Biz – I’ll keep it short because your rhetoric is becoming dated.

The facts have been determined. The context has been established. Within those parameters the original answers provided to the OP were correct. Your reply claiming otherwise was not.

Well, what can I say?

In the absence of clarification from the OP, I suppose I didn't expect any different from you either way…

Your every assertion contained within each and every sentence, quoted from above -
Nothing other than pure opinion, determined from nothing other than your very own interpretation.

Given the absence of the OP, ( for the time being ), and neither the presence of either a Magistrate, or a Judge to otherwise rule impartially - I myself find it hard to believe that you still feel that there is only ONE way to interpret the following ;

Thanks for that comit, is there any way to transmit digital without a vk anywhere?

Ah well, 'agree to disagree' it is then…

Funny though - that other word context -

Where's that Written Apology of yours, for failing to grasp exactly that my friend?

Some 'Game, Set, Match', you're still claiming - indeed…

Run Forrest!
Run Forrest, RUN!
Nunya-Biz

Postby Dominic-M » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:28 pm

Talking about radios being type approved those radios such as say Motorola not having a type approved model for CB use in Australia .
Is there a law for having a radio program to UHF CB frequencys and using it accordingly with it not being type approved ?

Serious question from a novice .
Dominic-M

Postby Vkfour » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:34 am

Yes there is. You can't, (shouldn't), do it.
Vkfour

Postby Nunya-Biz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:49 am

Dominic-M,

There are literally heaps of LMR/Commercial Radios that you can repurpose for use on UHF CB.

As for Motorola, to begin with - they produce at least three UHF CB specific radios;
- CP476, ( which can also additionally operate on LMR UHF frequencies )
- CBPRO
- GMCBPRO

But make no mistake, Motorola's DP4601 and DP4801 DMR Radios - are also exceptionally fine radios indeed, once reconfigured for use on UHF CB.

Just about every single Tait Radio from their entire 8100 and 8200 Analogue FM series, are excellent performers once reconfigured for UHF CB - and if money's no problem, then pretty well everything in their 9100 and 9300 series of P25 Radios and 9400 series of DMR Radios, also utterly scream on UHF CB as well.

Don't listen to anyone in here that tells you otherwise, as each of the bonafide LMR/Commercial Radios I have just mentioned to you - have ALL been certified by their respective manufacturers, as compliant to our AS/NZS4365:2011(R2016) requirements.

( Thus meaning they are all PERFECTLY LEGAL to be used on UHF CB, once correctly programmed. )

The above list is far from complete, so don't be shy - Do a little homework, buy a used-thus-now-cheap weapon from eBay, get it correctly reprogrammed, ( if it hasn't already been... ) - and have at it!
Nunya-Biz

Postby VK6FCRC » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:24 pm

There is 2 channels allocated for digital telemetry data not packet so in that case would sstv in a way count as telemetry data if used to send telemetry photos or is this a stuff up on the part of acma that needs better clarification from the regulator.
VK6FCRC
Newly Registered Users

Postby Vkfour » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:44 pm

This is not a stuff up by the regulatory authority and it doesn't require clarification. Telemetry is very restricted on UHF CBRS and doesn't ectend beyond using the service to turn things on and off. Check out the Class Licence conditions here ...

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2015L00876
Vkfour

Postby Comint » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:29 pm

VK6FCRC wrote:There is 2 channels allocated for digital telemetry data not packet so in that case would sstv in a way count as telemetry data if used to send telemetry photos or is this a stuff up on the part of acma that needs better clarification from the regulator.

On the two channels allocated for telemetry data (Channels 22 and 23) you can only transmit for a Total of 10 seconds in any 60 second period.

--
Comint
Comint

Postby BrucePacheco » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:45 pm

melbournefan wrote:Hi i am going to set a test DPMR System on UHFCB And i am wondering if it is legal.

if DPMR Is not what modes can i use on 447? DMR? P25?

Thanks.

Hey melbournefan having such hardware for which you are not fittingly authorized for, is likewise unlawful
BrucePacheco
Newly Registered Users

Previous

Return to Amateur & Citizens Band Radio