CFA Digital fails again

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
turbine_prop

CFA Digital fails again

Post by turbine_prop »

Hi All.

Manage to steal some time this arevo to flick on the digital scanner UBCD996T to catch the start of an out of control fire on 30512 ( i'm still trying to come to grips with the CFA PMR ) anyway according to word back from ( sorry I don't know what town this is in, the CFA website is now so hard to use, i'm guessing deliberately ) Brewer Road control had no digital signal at the fire ground and were not able to talk to anyone,

( Gee this is going to be a very interesting fire season this is the 2nd such time I have heard this in the last month the last being a house fire in Pylong ( https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Py ... a430a08280 )

The problem being that there is no digital coverage in Pylong and so messages had to be relayed back to Vicfire Via Kilmore.

I've really got to try and get this digital thing under control ASAP and I've really got to get recording setup.

Regards
Turbine_prop
Melbourne
Regards
Wayne
Melbourne
vkcpolice

Re: CFA Digital fails again

Post by vkcpolice »

I live in kilmore and the coverage from both pretty sally and mt hickey is very poor. When I listen to vic fire it seems that they transmit on analouge and it gets relayed on the digital. I have been on digital and have heard vic fire tell fire trucks they are transmitting on analouge please go to the digital ch. Also on digital when trucks are out in the field they are barely readable over digital. But this is not all bad news hopefuly the police will take these problems into account and hold off on the digital for a little longer
turbine_prop

Post by turbine_prop »

Thanks for your reply vkcpolice.

I have just read the article posted about the " Modernism of the Victoria Police Network in Country Victoria " this would be an absolute disaster if this happened it would be the end of scanning as we know it what the hell is left to Listen, I think the Labor government and the Police are absolutely paranoid and are using " Security and Terrorism " as nothing more than an excuse to egt any thing that they want.

I have just recently returned from another weekend away with the Victoria State Highway Patrol Task Force ( i'll post up some digi pics very soon ) and I can tell you that of the dozen offices that I was with not 1 of them had any thing good to say about the MMR network in fact again admitting that they regularly fall back to both the SMR and VHF regional network even in some parts of greater Melbourne.

Regards
Turbine_prop
Melbourne.
Regards
Wayne
Melbourne
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

I was listening the other night to a rescue happening in mt disappointment. And they had mill park whitlsea and epping units come up on p2 and mill park go can we get broadford 311 to give us a call on the following number and the esta operator said mill park your on the country ch its not secure. And mill park replyed not for much longer. I had panic attacks all that night. I cant imagine living in a world without police radio ive been listening since I was a child. Scanning as we know it is comming to a end. If anyone needs a new radio system its the poor RAV stuck on Telstras faulty SMR network.
turbine_prop

Post by turbine_prop »

Sadly I can confirm this is in fact true sadly not for much longer :-(
Regards
Wayne
Melbourne
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

turbine_prop wrote:Thanks for your reply vkcpolice.

i'll post up some digi pics very soon )

Regards
Turbine_prop
Melbourne.
were you able to upload those pics interested to see what equipment they are running