List of Shortwave Frequencies

New forum added due to popular demand, discuss all facets of shortwave radio (long distance transmission) here
alphanull25

List of Shortwave Frequencies

Post by alphanull25 »

Hi. This is my list of Shortwave stations that I have received. I am mainly interested in aircraft, but there are a number of other stations in there as well
see attachment ExportGrid.csv

http://www.hfcc.org/data/guidepost.phtml
this site has reasonably accurate and regularly updated shortwave broadcast station schedules
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scanited

Re: List of Shortwave Frequencies

Post by Scanited »

I'm all over the place/dial alphanull , Here also is another schedule finder also in real time .

So if one comes across a weak AM broadcast signal but can't hear the station id or know what it is or where , look here and enter the frequency > http://www.short-wave.info/

Canadian time clocks also with a digital format (one needs a decrypter gadget I gather) .
3333khz
14670khz
Good for propagation checks from that area .
alphanull25

Post by alphanull25 »

Interesting site
Thanks
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

Scanited wrote:I'm all over the place/dial alphanull , Here also is another schedule finder also in real time .

So if one comes across a weak AM broadcast signal but can't hear the station id or know what it is or where , look here and enter the frequency > http://www.short-wave.info/

Canadian time clocks also with a digital format (one needs a decrypter gadget I gather) .
3333khz
14670khz
Good for propagation checks from that area .
3330khz is the correct freq and try 7850khz (which I hear all the time)
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

QSL card I got a while back & some recordings using the Kenwood R-5000
CHU Time Signal.jpg
CHU time signal.mp3
CHU 3mhz.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
Scanited

Post by Scanited »

3330khz is the correct freq and try 7850khz (which I hear all the time)
LOL I must have forgot that when I looked them up yonks ago , it was just that 3333 (+3hz) was easy to remember (all the 3's) .

I'll listen out on 7850 tonight on the SPM-19 , I monitored 3330khz for quite some time awhile back on its starting time due to the propagation and the ending time , and of course it varied quite a bit , but if I recall correctly there was one period in where it was starting to be audible at around 3.30pm local time in the afternoon at SEQ around 5-7 months ago .

Thanks ..
Scanited

Post by Scanited »

Oooops that's a typo in the previous , not 3hz but 3khz .

Anyway I turned on to 3333khz and yes that its is in the memory of the drake and spm-19 , and the reason now I recall is one can hear the carrier whistle using SSB when its a really really low signal so apologies as it is my method and memory! , plus I'm a hobbyist not a science techo dude ...

So this early evening just to rejog the memory 3333khz started to be heard at 4.50pm local time SEQ maybe just before that as I got distracted on the UHF , 4.50pm would be just before on the starting edge of the grey-line period imo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_(solar)

That's why I mentioned earlier on that at 3.30pm was a very unusual time and event , for memory (lol) it happened over 2 or 3 days and was never heard again at that time over a period of a month or 2 as I was checking it out for some time , also the Sun was very quiet if I recall that correctly too .
http://spaceweather.com/

As I've mentioned I'm all over the place on the dial's , just the other night cruising around I heard the wah wah wah "Siren" still and again , that transmission was about a few years ago and still is! , it seems to be a jammer/interference transmission at one of the Korea's for memory , one time the siren stopped for 5 minutes or so and one could hear the am broadcast transmission fairly clearly but it was not in English , it sounded Korean? , LOL again in the 6mhz area? or was it 9mhz? ...
Edited much much later> 9920khz
Last edited by Scanited on Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scanited

Post by Scanited »

bodyguard wrote:QSL card I got a while back & some recordings using the Kenwood R-5000
CHU Time Signal.jpg
CHU time signal.mp3
CHU 3mhz.mp3
Good one and nice Qsl card .

I never have done any qsling , couldn't be bothered , I have had a R-5000 too a nice radio .