Start the clock ?

rochedalescan
Founder

Start the clock ?

Post by rochedalescan »

Hi guys,

I heard this about a week ago on VKR Logan this was a Tango unit maybe doing some kind of special operation?, he had pulled over a car in Crestmead and asked VKR to show him off with rego XXX XXX and to "Start the clock for 8 minutes"

What exactly does start the clock mean ? is it some kind of welfare check thing for the officer ?
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
dags

Re: Start the clock ?

Post by dags »

yea i think it is i have heard redcliffe vkr do the same thing they check back to see if all is good
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

rochedalescan wrote:Hi guys,

I heard this about a week ago on VKR Logan this was a Tango unit maybe doing some kind of special operation?, he had pulled over a car in Crestmead and asked VKR to show him off with rego XXX XXX and to "Start the clock for 8 minutes"

What exactly does start the clock mean ? is it some kind of welfare check thing for the officer ?
They want the radio op to get back to them after a predetermined time to check they're all good
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

radio_$cott wrote:Drug test. Takes 8 minutes to get a result.
Roadside drug testing is alpha not tango
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
Phantom
Forum Manager

Start the clock ?

Post by Phantom »

I would think that an officer would be able to keep a track of his own time should they be conducting a test.

I would assume it has more to do with their personal safety, and a follow up check once a time has passed