QFRS Radio blocks a QPS channel

xdfrightener

QFRS Radio blocks a QPS channel

Post by xdfrightener »

Deleted
Last edited by xdfrightener on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: QFRS Radio blocks a QPS channel

Post by rochedalescan »

Okay, im going to assume everything is legit as your post seems a ltitle all over the place.

The police channels are allocated and programed into all police radios, your radio for instance will only have fire service frequencies/channels so even if it stopped on channel 58 in your radio its not programmed for police so it would be fire channel 58 nothing to do with police. Someone else might be able to explain it a bit better if you don't understand that.

I really wouldn't be screwing with it if its a turn out radio, get your own personal radio scanner and then you can program whatever you like into it :)

Cheers Shane
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
xdfrightener

Post by xdfrightener »

Yeah everything's legit. It is my actual radio I just use it for turn-outs as it's a better one then the other crap we get. We've picked up 58 before it somehow actually got blocked out and it intercepted police transmissions so dunno what happened. The radio actually skips channel 58 and goes to 59.
Comint

Post by Comint »

xdfrightener wrote:I have my Queensland Fire & Rescue Service radio which goes on my turn-outs currently programmed into firecom. It's VHF and is programmed with all the extra channels (51, 52, 53 etc.) I want to pick up the Mackay Police which is on channel 58 but the radio automatically skips 58 when I try to select it. Is there any way to overcome this? The radio is a ICOM IC-40s.
Well, for starters, the IC-40s is UHF. UHF-CB in fact, so I doubt it is a QFRS issued radio.

And secondly, the channels above Ch 40 can be programmed with any UHF frequency within the frequency range of the radio, so we have absolutely no idea what frequencies might be programmed in there - the IC-40s' Channel Numbers have no relationship to the QFRS or QPS frequencies.

The fact it jumps over Ch 58 normally indicates there is nothing programmed into that Channel.

--
Comint
Rohan

Post by Rohan »

on my 41 s you can set it to not go to certain channels so it skips them in scan and you can hide them so if there is nothing on that channell or you dont want to use that chanell it doesnt get selected
Rohan Greer
hon. sec. Cambooya RFB
scanners simoco 9020vhf, simoco 9020uhf, IC-400pro, IC-41s, ubc340crs
xdfrightener

Post by xdfrightener »

Deleted.
Last edited by xdfrightener on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rohan

Post by Rohan »

really QFRS plans to go to vhf in the future can i ask wat your source is for that?
Rohan Greer
hon. sec. Cambooya RFB
xdfrightener

Post by xdfrightener »

*EDIT* DELETED
Last edited by xdfrightener on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rohan

Post by Rohan »

i supose typical of qfrs go from vhf to uhf spend heaps setting up new repeaters then plan to go back to vhf
Rohan Greer
hon. sec. Cambooya RFB
xdfrightener

Post by xdfrightener »

Rohan wrote:i supose typical of qfrs go from vhf to uhf spend heaps setting up new repeaters then plan to go back to vhf
I think there basing it on the theory that VHF have a wider range then UHF's.
Comint

Post by Comint »

xdfrightener wrote:QFRS Run mostly on UHF. They are equipped with VHF radio's but rarely use them. There are plans for QFRS to go to VHF in the future but they are all UHF at the moment.
Urban appliances currently have VHF radios so they can communicate directly with Rural appliances. I believe it is highly unlikely that QFRS will ever go back to VHF.
Is there anyway to program this radio to pick up Mackay Police?
Purchase the Icom Field Programming Software EX-2118, and the associated Programming Cable ($65.00, or thereabouts).

--
Comint
xdfrightener

Post by xdfrightener »

Yeah QFRS appliances both rural and urban are still equipped with both UHF and VHF radios.

Red and yellow mics. http://i32.tinypic.com/vdlhyf.jpg

As long as I can talk to Firecom when I need to I'm happy.

And yeah alright thanks for your help.
qld_fire

Post by qld_fire »

Yeah doubt they would change here in southeast.
VHF is good for bush fires and large open spaces.
UHF is better for the urban environment.
By the looks of it mackay runs a totaly different plan to SE and what your area director is meaning is you will change to VHF rural freq just like we have down here.
Looks like fire comm already runs of VHF on your comms plan.
Hope it helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Comint

Post by Comint »

red_86 wrote:By the looks of it mackay runs a totaly different plan to SE and what your area director is meaning is you will change to VHF rural freq just like we have down here.
Hope it helps
Interesting to see that they still list "UHF 90 Joint DES".

I was under the impression, that the Police Commissioner had withdrawn approval for QFRS and QAS to have QPS frequencies (QFRS Channels 90, 91, 190, and 191) in their radios, when encryption was introduced in the Brisbane area back in about 2003. Perhaps that only applies to QFRS Region 5.

Also intrigued about the entry "CB 7 Emergency Ch"
UHF CB Channel 5 is the Emergency Channel - Channel 7 is just a normal Repeater Channel.

--
Comint
qld_fire

Post by qld_fire »

No emergency services liason is still 90 190 on SE comms plan
brisbane its not listed.
as for CB 7 i've got no idea.
Just to see ICOM in the plan is different.
Rohan

Post by Rohan »

that download is actually a form used as part of the incident management sysetem and is filled in on the groud with all the chanels that they are gona use on that particular fire ground
Rohan Greer
hon. sec. Cambooya RFB
xdfrightener

Post by xdfrightener »

DELETED
Last edited by xdfrightener on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

Comint wrote:
red_86 wrote:By the looks of it mackay runs a totaly different plan to SE and what your area director is meaning is you will change to VHF rural freq just like we have down here.
Hope it helps
Interesting to see that they still list "UHF 90 Joint DES".

I was under the impression, that the Police Commissioner had withdrawn approval for QFRS and QAS to have QPS frequencies (QFRS Channels 90, 91, 190, and 191) in their radios, when encryption was introduced in the Brisbane area back in about 2003. Perhaps that only applies to QFRS Region 5.

UHF CB Channel 5 is the Emergency Channel - Channel 7 is just a normal Repeater Channel.

--
Comint
Comint,

There is still a liason channel form Region 5 i have heard PCC Brisbane doing radio checks with Brisbane Harbour as well as Newmarket SES i didn't pay much attention to it tho
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
Comint

Post by Comint »

brisbanescan wrote:
Comint wrote:Interesting to see that they still list "UHF 90 Joint DES".

--
Comint
Comint,

There is still a liason channel form Region 5 i have heard PCC Brisbane doing radio checks with Brisbane Harbour as well as Newmarket SES i didn't pay much attention to it tho
I think you will find that is the Old QPS Ch 34 (now Ch 68 - 468.6750 MHz). You will hear PCC doing checks with some of the organisations, on Sundays (possibly the first Sunday of the Month). There is a list of about 15 different groups involved in the Brisbane DISPLAN (Disaster Plan), who are all allegedly contactable via that frequency.

Channels 90 and 190 are Simplex on 467.9750 (Old QPS Ch 65), while Channels 91 and 191 were Repeater on Old QPS Ch 6.

Both QAS and QFRS had those QPS frequencies as Channels 90 and 91. Unfortunately, I don't think too many people in the field even knew they had them, let alone knew what they were for.

--
Comint
Comint

Post by Comint »

xdfrightener wrote:QPS don't like QFRS listening in on there frequency's due to sensitive information being passed over the airwaves at times they have some how encrypted the frequencies but they are still on some of the old QFRS UHF Radio's like the IC-40 it just skips over them.

- Ben.
Maybe you need to talk to the QFRS Radio Techs, and find out exactly what frequencies are programmed into each of the additional 20 channels on the IC-40s (ie, Channels 40 to 60).

I'm sure the normal Fireground Channels 1 to 9 are programmed into IC-40 Channels 41 to 49, but as to whats in Channels 50 to 60 ? ? ?

--
Comint