Trunking systems?

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
NakedFaerie

Trunking systems?

Post by NakedFaerie »

Hi, I would like to know how do I program a trunking system?
I have a Uniden UBCD396T.
I found the SMR trunking for Melbourne and the conventional channels work nicely but I cant work out how to get the trunking programmed in.

http://www.cqdx11.com/WINRADIO/FREQUENC ... encies.htm
About half way down is both the conventional and trunking channel lists but how do I put in the trunking channels?
Every program I've tried asks for a control channel frequency then a TGID but this lists has a Control channel, a Primary channel and 3 Traffic channels so where do they all go?

I use the Uniden software, FreeScan and I have a trial of ProScan.

Another thing, where can I find digital lists? Everywhere has old frequencies for analog channels.

If anyone can help me work out how to program this I would be grateful.

Thanks
Comint

Re: Trunking systems?

Post by Comint »

NakedFaerie wrote:Hi, I would like to know how do I program a trunking system?
I have a Uniden UBCD396T.
I found the SMR trunking for Melbourne and the conventional channels work nicely but I cant work out how to get the trunking programmed in.
I assume you mean you can't work out how to Trunk Track the frequencies.

Well the bad news is that the SMR uses the MPT1327 Trunking Protocol, and there is currently no scanner available that will Trunk Track MPT1327 systems (I don't consider WinRadio to be a scanner).

The UBCD396T will only Trunk Track Motorola Smartnet, EDACS, LTR, and P25 Systems.
http://www.cqdx11.com/WINRADIO/FREQUENC ... encies.htm
About half way down is both the conventional and trunking channel lists but how do I put in the trunking channels?
Every program I've tried asks for a control channel frequency then a TGID but this lists has a Control channel, a Primary channel and 3 Traffic channels so where do they all go?
You can program in all the frequencies, as conventional channels, and just lock-out the one with all the noise on it, and listen to them as conventional channels. To be able to Trunk Track the SMR, you need a computer, and software such as TrunkView, or UniTrunker, as well as a scanner that can be controlled by a PC (such as the UBC396T).
Another thing, where can I find digital lists? Everywhere has old frequencies for analog channels.
Go to aurfscan. They reckon they know everything.

--
Comint
NakedFaerie

Post by NakedFaerie »

Thanks for that.

I would go to Aurfscan but they are so rude.
I joined up, asked for help and got banned. I was going to buy a membership but as they banned me after I asked 1 question I thought they don't want money or new members that bad.

Any other sites that arn't so rude?

At least here I got an answer and it looks like polite people and I've lasted longer than an hour. :)

I got that TrunkView but as it didn't match up with the other software I stopped using it. I might give it another go and see if thats a little easier to understand.

Thanks
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Welcome :) Just another one by the looks of it I don't think many people have had a pleasant experience on there.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
NakedFaerie

Post by NakedFaerie »

rochedalescan wrote:Welcome :) Just another one by the looks of it I don't think many people have had a pleasant experience on there.
Thats what I thought. Looks like all the stuck up people are there and the normals are everywhere else.
They have banned TPGs Proxy, so I might join up and abuse them on every local ISP proxy then soon they will have no members as they would've banned everyone. LOL

Just a pity they have the info. I did get a private email from one helpful user and after 6 months of searching I finally have some digital channels on my scanner.
All I need now is a few digital lists so I can program it myself.
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Someone may be able to provide you with a copy from their scanner with all the frequencies, GRN etc all set up that you can copy straight onto the scanner. There was one floating around somewhere
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Comint

Post by Comint »

NakedFaerie wrote:I got that TrunkView but as it didn't match up with the other software I stopped using it. I might give it another go and see if thats a little easier to understand.
What do you mean "didn't match up with the other software".

And, what other software?

--
Comint
Secret Scanner

Post by Secret Scanner »

NakedFaerie wrote:Thanks for that.

I would go to Aurfscan but they are so rude.
I joined up, asked for help and got banned. I was going to buy a membership but as they banned me after I asked 1 question I thought they don't want money or new members that bad.

Any other sites that arn't so rude?

At least here I got an answer and it looks like polite people and I've lasted longer than an hour. :)

I got that TrunkView but as it didn't match up with the other software I stopped using it. I might give it another go and see if thats a little easier to understand.

Thanks

I saw it all happen mate you jumped on the forum and demanded a channel list on your first post you then jumped on the chat demanded a channel list there then you started insulting everyone and now you want to trash that forum.
They should ban you here too!
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

It was my understanding that Aurfscan "DEMAND" a first post be made introducing yourself or you cannot post in any of the free for use forums. Who gives a crap, thats what scannings about learning and thats what this site and its members are here to do. If that site is not willing to help people as they are starting out then I honestly question the management.

And here you are after 3 posts trashing other members, Who should be banned ? NakedFaerie is not the first to be banned from there for stupid things there are others that have had bad experiences.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Does it matter, he's here now, not causing trouble....who cares :)
Mitch Rogers
NakedFaerie

Post by NakedFaerie »

Thanks for the help guys.

Go back and read my posts on that other forum.
I asked for help then I get banned.
I did go back with a new account and abuse for my previous treatment. I never abused anybody till I got banned. I never demanded anything from that site. All I asked for was help and. I did get help as 2 people PM'd me but as I got banned I never got those PM's.
I did get help from one person who sent me a file via email. I am very grateful for his help but it still doesn't help me understand how to program the scanner.

Here I found out the list I was trying to program in doesn't work. It needs different PC software and wont work directly in the scanner. Thanks to Comint for that info. :)
And a big thanks to blondie for also helping. :)

As I've been searching for the last 6 months for digital lists and info and so far found nothing. I've also tried programming the scanner and having no luck. I use FreeScan to check the channels and it keeps telling me they are invalid.
NakedFaerie

Post by NakedFaerie »

Comint wrote:
NakedFaerie wrote:I got that TrunkView but as it didn't match up with the other software I stopped using it. I might give it another go and see if thats a little easier to understand.
What do you mean "didn't match up with the other software".

And, what other software?

--
Comint
I meant TrunkView is not compatible with the programming of the scanner. ProScan, FreeScan and the Uniden software can all read the scanner and use the same program list. TrunkView can link to the scanner but it cant read the channels.
Comint

Post by Comint »

NakedFaerie wrote:I meant TrunkView is not compatible with the programming of the scanner. ProScan, FreeScan and the Uniden software can all read the scanner and use the same program list. TrunkView can link to the scanner but it cant read the channels.
TrunkView is NOT programming software.

TrunkView takes Control Channel audio from the Speaker socket of your scanner, and Decodes it, and displays it on the Computer screen. If you also have the relevant control cable connected, TrunkView will instruct the scanner to change to the appropriate Voice Channel (also known as a Traffic Channel) so you can follow the conversations.

Numerous people, worldwide, are successfully using TrunkView, with Uniden scanners, to Trunk Track MPT1327 systems.

--
Comint