WOULDN'T IT BE GOOD IF.....

Discussion on any technologies that do not fall under one of the above vendors, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
AIRMAN

WOULDN'T IT BE GOOD IF.....

Post by AIRMAN »

Would it be good if a manufacturer made a scanner to look just like a mobile phone!
Same size, same look and an inbuilt antenna. Security people at airports would even give a second glance.

Even better a scanner about the same size as an iPod Nano.......the mind boggles!

Anyone here know of any scanners available here that might be close?

I think this one is a start....
http://www.alinco.com/Products/DJ-X7/

Does it work as well as the big boys though?

Cheers
Airman
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: WOULDN'T IT BE GOOD IF.....

Post by rochedalescan »

That is really small ! I know you can get apps etc for Ipod touch's or whatever you call them that lets you listen to scanner audio from the U.S etc but if your phone, igoogle, PDA etc has itunes/real player etc and can listen to streamed audio you could always set up a stream and be able to connect im not too sure about costs though ?
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
AIRMAN

Re: WOULDN'T IT BE GOOD IF.....

Post by AIRMAN »

rochedalescan wrote: not too sure about costs though ?

I think it would be BIG money :shock:
Anybody here own the 'slimline' Alinco model as shown on this link?

Just wondered how it performed.