gippsland,maffra,sale area

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
zelthk

gippsland,maffra,sale area

Post by zelthk »

does anyone no who uses trunked networks around gippsland. i no cfa does.
also is there any new analog frequincys in my area thank you
Fireman_DJ

Re: gippsland,maffra,sale area

Post by Fireman_DJ »

While CFA has accessed to the trunked network, most trucks (ie, 100% of them) do not have trunking enabled on their radios. This was because they all went to trunking mode to have private chats and were never reachable via conventinal comms.
Only command vehicles, base stations and special officers (like the duty officers etc) have trunking, most of these having two radios to work with. Most (all?) of DSE have it.

Police use it.

Not trunked, but Sale Taxies use 460.600 for comms. I'll give you this one to block only as it's illegal to listen into phone calls, 451.100 is the phone inter-connect for Sale Taxies. Remember, block that one and don't listen in :-).
I don't really listen to much more then that. Partly because there isn't much more to listen to thats interesting.

And I lent my scanner to a friend. So I have my UHF CB radio with RX in the UHF comercial range and an airband transceiver for aircraft comms (I work at West Sale airport).