INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER

If you have something to say that just doesn't fit into any of the forums above, then post it here, remember to keep it PG rated for the kids
AIRMAN

INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER

Post by AIRMAN »

Who has an ISP that they really like and get great service from?

Reason I'm asking is that I will be moving residence next month and I am unsure if I will continue with my current ISP AAPT or shop around for another one. AAPTrecently increased their charges without warning, for 1500k broadband and I had to go to a cheaper 512K level as I thought it was NOT value for money. Other than that I have no gripes about them, I have a home phone/mobile with them as well.

I left Telstra (Hellstra) a few years back and vowed never to return as they were terrible.

Thinking of Optus, DoDo, even Austar as I already have them too.

Any opinions or suggestions will be welcome.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Re: INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER

Post by Stretch »

Westnet is what we use and they are generally bloody fantastic. The only problem we've ever head is when we used a telstra wireless USB modem (which worked fine) but we rang Westnet coz our e-mails weren't working and once they found out we were using Telstra they were rather unhappy and unhelpful.
Mitch Rogers
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

Thanks I'll look into that. I have a D-Link ADSL modem which I got as part of the package with AAPT.
sgannon02

Post by sgannon02 »

I was a Tel$tra customer for many years then moved over to Internode

Been very, very happy with them.
--
UBC780XLT | UBCT8 | UBC330CRS | UBC72XLT | ICOM-AH7000 Discone | 1 x homebrew VHF Dipole | 1 x homebrew UHF Dipole

More to come!
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

TPG is a new one that is pretty good value for money, however im with Tel$tra and I would not reccomend.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

Internode is the best, was with Internode when I first came here, awesome service.
Changed to Telstra, what a f*ck up that was, now when I get back from Perth am going to pay out my contract and go back to internode.

Internode do NOT charge for uploading with a $89 per month for 25G ADSL2+ and traditional phone you cant go wrong
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

iinet works for me.

have a look at the wirlpool forum, it should help you.

http://whirlpool.net.au/

Paul.
workerboy

Post by workerboy »

I've got tel$tra. One thing I have to say is that it hasn't let me down but you defiantly pay a premium. Ialso pay for iinet for the Mrs it seems a lot better value $69 for 1500kbs &voip 10Gb peak 15Gb offpeak (admit that off peak seems a bit slower)

I'm interested in what you guys are saying about internode will check them out too. There are so many ip's that offer great value. Best of luck.
hotmetal1000

Post by hotmetal1000 »

I've had Telstra, Internode, Supernerd and now TPG. Telstra are ok with there pricing if you sign up for 24 months and get the free install kit ect. Outside of the 24 month contract forget it. I was happy with Telstra service too. Internode over 24 months aren't any cheaper than Telstra but they don't charge for uploads, I did have an argument with Internode over something which left me unimpressed with them. Supernerd was a joke. Which leaves TPG which I am, so far, very happy with. Prices are better than Telstra and Internode, they don't charge for uploads. The only thing with TPG is they have onpeak and offpeak times and a differant download quota for both. It isn't of concern to me for I have set up my pc to turn on when the offpeak time starts and utorrent fires up and starts downloading.
SunnybankScan

Post by SunnybankScan »

I find Telstra excellent actually... Im in a dead zone and I have Foxtel, Internet and Land Line with them. The internet is always fast (even on my wireless laptop) Phone bill is always cheap and foxtel is getting good reception.
Cheers
SunnybankScan

GME 3440, Philips PRM8030, Tait 2020, Motorola GP328, Motorola XTS5000, UBCD996T, UBC780XLT, UBCT8, 72XLT, UH078sx, UH075, UH088, PRO530XL, Atlantis 250
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Oh and another thing with westnet, we have like 30 GB (not sure of exact amount but its a lot) of downloads and when we go over it, 3 people using the internet for work and constantly downloading stuff for work uses it up, we don't get charged for extra the speed just drops.
Mitch Rogers
hotmetal1000

Post by hotmetal1000 »

Stretch wrote:Oh and another thing with westnet, we have like 30 GB (not sure of exact amount but its a lot) of downloads and when we go over it, 3 people using the internet for work and constantly downloading stuff for work uses it up, we don't get charged for extra the speed just drops.
That's normal for the bigger plans to be slowed rather than charged for going over your limit as such.

Just had a look at Westnets broadband1 plans for 1500k. Definitely worth considering, comparing the plan Stretch would have and mine, Stretch is paying a little more but has an extra 5 gig and a larger off peak time.