Queensland Government Wireless Network (QLD-GWN) Project

Enthusiast discussion on trunked radio networks, protocols including MPT1327, TETRA, EDACS, SMARTNET - as well as talk group ID's
Salis532

Re: Queensland Government Wireless Network (QLD-GWN) Project

Post by Salis532 »

No sorry I've just heard it happening on firecom.
brisescannerdude

Post by brisescannerdude »

Motorola APX radios since it is up to telstra to supply
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

brisescannerdude wrote:Motorola APX radios since it is up to telstra to supply
That's what I figured, I was wondering which ones. I believe h/h are going to be APX6000
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
brisescannerdude

mobiles look to be apx6500 with o2, o3 or o7 control head depending on what they are installed into, portable, well lest see the contract went to the lowest bidder so 6000 series handy

Interesting point, qrfs seem to be happy with 6000 series but cops are running around with 7000 series (and there are issues with the radios). it will be interesting to see what is deployed. the media info which has been released show what looks to be 6000 series radios but it is hard to tell.

It will be interesting to see how these radios perform - particular portables the big sell was wanting gps tracking enabled on all radios, this consumes power and will zap battery life and beacon every 10 minutes or what they set it to.
Last edited by brisescannerdude on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

brisescannerdude wrote:cops are running around with 7000 series (and there are issues with the radios)
What issues would that be? I'm not aware of any problems..
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
brisescannerdude

Take a look at page 20/21 on this public doco for some key dates and milestones (and portable radio types).

https://ruralfire.qld.gov.au/Publicatio ... -Mar14.pdf

What I will point out are the QRFS offices we have floating around the coffee shop at work are not using the motorola mics but what looks to be a much better coloured mics which they had supplied with the previous analog radios.
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

brisescannerdude wrote:Take a look at page 20/21 on this public doco for some key dates and milestones (and portable radio types).

https://ruralfire.qld.gov.au/Publicatio ... -Mar14.pdf

What I will point out are the QRFS offices we have floating around the coffee shop at work are not using the motorola mics but what looks to be a much better coloured mics which they had supplied with the previous analog radios.
From what you've seen does it appear to be the same as what is in that RFS PDF?
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

GRN radio and motorola console spied in this pic that I've taken from the QPS media release of the GRN control room
photo2 copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brisescannerdude

rapps_101 wrote:GRN radio and motorola console spied in this pic that I've taken from the QPS media release of the GRN control room
photo2 copy.jpg
That looks interesting – More flat screens than the a sports bar in vagus. The radio in the picture is very hard to make out who’s it is – are you sure you where not in the media throng involved with the visit :=)
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

looks like the APX6000 on the desk.
brisescannerdude

[/i]
alinco21 wrote:looks like the APX6000 on the desk.
it's hard to say but I found a facebook photo with better quality photo and it could be.

The consoles look to be

http://www.motorolasolutions.com/US-EN/ ... 5000_US-EN
Maybe someone can confirm this?

The other question is ambo and qfrs will have there non motohola cad system and console installed and online atm?
cyclone
Newly Registered Users

Post by cyclone »

Heard Cairns QFES wanting to test GWN channel 865, when that didnt work told users to use channel 830
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

cyclone wrote:Heard Cairns QFES wanting to test GWN channel 865, when that didnt work told users to use channel 830
What poor terminology.. they're talkgroups now
:mrgreen:
Pumper_50

Queensland Government Wireless Network (QLD-GWN) Project

Post by Pumper_50 »

Honestly folks, don't expect the end users to become proficient in the correct terminology overnight. To them it's still simply a 'Channel' because for them the important thing is they're on the right one and can communicate. Understanding the nitty grittys and inner workings is not the priority.

If you're going to gripe about that you're holding on a little too tight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

rapps_101 wrote:
cyclone wrote:Heard Cairns QFES wanting to test GWN channel 865, when that didnt work told users to use channel 830
They are still channels in the radio. An end user doesn't know any different.

If channel 865 was a conventional PMR frequency you wouldn't say "go to frequency 415.0000", you would still say "go to channel 865". The fact they are now talkgroups in a radio makes no difference.

Not "poor terminology" at all, just common sense. :D
brisescannerdude

peteramjet wrote:
rapps_101 wrote:
They are still channels in the radio. An end user doesn't know any different.

If channel 865 was a conventional PMR frequency you wouldn't say "go to frequency 415.0000", you would still say "go to channel 865". The fact they are now talkgroups in a radio makes no difference.

Not "poor terminology" at all, just common sense. :D
Same theory used in most modern trunking setups regardless of technology, it will be interesting to see how users take to addressing channels as a 'human name' and not as digits.
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

Lastest news if u guys dont know

Initiatives
Government Wireless Network
We are developing the Government Wireless Network to improve communications, safety and security for Queensland’s public safety agencies and emergency workers.

The network will deliver enhanced digital radio voice and narrowband data communications for:

Queensland Police Service
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Queensland Ambulance Service.
Features

The network will bring Queensland’s public safety agencies onto the same radiocommunications platform and frequency.

Benefits range from improvements in radiocommunications coverage and transmission through to interoperability between the state’s public safety agencies.

The network’s portable and mobile radios will be equipped with GPS-enabled duress alarms to further improve the personal safety of our emergency workers.

Importantly, the new technology will provide end-to-end encryption, protecting against the interception of transmissions.

Delivery

Telstra will design, build, finance, operate and maintain the network under a 15-year managed service arrangement with the Queensland Government.

The network will be delivered at a cost of $457.3 million over 15 years, with $56.7 million allocated in the 2013–14 budget.

The network will also be compatible with existing agency analogue networks, so statewide service can continue during the rollout.

Priorities

Our first priority is to meet the communications requirements for the G20:

Finance Officials’ meeting in Cairns in September 2014
Leaders’ Summit in Brisbane in November 2014.
The G20 meetings require a secure and interoperable communications network to host police and emergency services, as well as Commonwealth law enforcement agencies and international security forces.

Following the G20, the Government Wireless Network will be implemented in stages in South East Queensland, and completed by June 2016.

Stages

We will implement the Government Wireless Network in stages in these deployment zones:

southern
Gold Coast, Logan and Ipswich
metro
north and south Brisbane
northern and west
Moreton, Sunshine Coast, Gympie and Toowoomba.
There is also potential for future service area rollouts across the state.
rooster

Post by rooster »

Looks like a new site just coming up on ACMA to give coverage on the western side of Jimboomba. Only one freq. at present, 422.0500 (approved 8 July 14). Site ID 9011713 at 896 Coachwood Dr. Jimboomba.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

rooster wrote:Looks like a new site just coming up on ACMA to give coverage on the western side of Jimboomba. Only one freq. at present, 422.0500 (approved 8 July 14). Site ID 9011713 at 896 Coachwood Dr. Jimboomba.
Possible clerical issue, as there is already a site in Jimboomba that is currently operational

RFSS - 1
Site ID - 28

however i have never seen any traffic on it as i never monitor that site, i only flick to it once a month to ensure that the details havent changed
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
Comint

Post by Comint »

brisbanescan wrote:Possible clerical issue, as there is already a site in Jimboomba that is currently operational
Might be just to fill a "blackspot" as it is a single frequency, and about 8 km west of the original Site.

And I believe the address should be LOT 896 Coachwood Drive, rather than just 896 Coachwood Drive.

--
Comint