ADSB Exchange News

All air band scanning discussions, whether it be a bird, plane, superman, helicopter, space ship, rocket or anything else that glides through the air
griffonboi

ADSB Exchange News

Post by griffonboi »

ADSBx was recently sold to JetNet by its owner Dan Streufert for $20 million dollars, although the main people working on the project wanted to keep it independent, and were never going to see a single cent of that money. Hundreds of community members turned off their feeds in protest once the news broke out.

Who knows if ADSBx will still provide unfiltered data or not in the near future under the new ownership structure. In the meantime a new site was set up: globe.adsb.fi
I switched my feeder to send data to adsb.fi covering the Melbourne area, and others in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Hobart have done the same in the last 24 hours.

In short, more coverage is needed, and the original ADSBx developers are supporting adsb.fi the most at the moment. Dan Streufert has turned his back on the entire aviation enthusiast community for a quick buck while putting minimal effort into the service over the years.

If you want to feed adsb.fi here are the input addresses:
Beast: feed.adsb.fi:30004
MLAT: feed.adsb.fi:31090
VK4KHP
Newly Registered Users

Re: ADSB Exchange News

Post by VK4KHP »

Thanks I was trying to look at the start of the messages on discord on the phone and there was so many people sending comments the phone was just scrolling.
I have a feed to ADSB-exchange, I see one person in south east Queensland on adsb.fi
But around 14 or more still feeding adsbx.
At the moment, two MLAT stations ain't going to work for the Mil stuff out my way, West of YAMB. Western training area is to the west of me, and get a lot of Mil stuff through the area.
I will change to .fi and .lol and maybe feed a local brisbane site.
But i was thinking of still feeding adsb-x as well, until people more people move across.
whats your thoughts.
griffonboi

Re: ADSB Exchange News

Post by griffonboi »

Honestly people can feed what they want, but it's certainly uncertain what JetNet will do with ADSBx in the future...