UBCD436-PT and Proscan

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
rob_w

UBCD436-PT and Proscan

Post by rob_w »

Hi all, wondering if anyone using UBCD436-PT with Proscan is able to actually program the scanner with the "Favorites Editor" using "Scanner Read or "Scanner Write"
I have no problem operating the unit remotely using Proscan with a 396 cable and the 436 USB cable plugged in but after sending the MSM command it switches the scanner to mass storage mode but does not see the scanner where it usually can be selected. Windows 10 sees the scanner in Explorer.
Have asked Bob at Proscan and he said it may not work with this model.
Anyone had success with this or are we stuck with Sentinel?

Thanks
Rob.
railscan

Re: UBCD436-PT and Proscan

Post by railscan »

Rob,

Maybe an obvious question, but are you physically putting the scanner into PC Programming Mode via the menu options in the scanner?

RB
rob_w

Post by rob_w »

Valid question but yes have tried doing that, (I did submit a more detailed post few days ago but it vanished into the nether regions so this post was much briefer)
If I set scanner to program mode before running Proscan then it does not seem to see it in the port settings If I remember correctly.
Just thought if others are reading/writing using Proscan I will persevere, otherwise export to HPE and import into Sentinel to program the radio. USDS100 and old 396 work fine and find Proscan much easier to work with.

Rob.
alan22

Post by alan22 »

Can't seem to read from 436 to Sentinel! Windows 10 not even seeing it although with cable connected shows 'Normal charging' when scanner is off. GOT IT! Needed to set scanner to PC Programming mode.