Melb City RMR site 166.400

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
ch101dtm
Newly Registered Users

Melb City RMR site 166.400

Post by ch101dtm »

Good to be back here. Can't remember my old username.

Anyone ever got any hits off the Melbourne city RMR site? CC is 166.400 Mhz.

I had the frequency monitoring for a few days and only logged a 10 min convo between I guess a couple of SES blokes (pretty casual conversation). I'm just surprised that this RMR frequency isn't like the MMR 420.0125 site where absolutely all TG's are broadcast on.
blacktown
Forum Manager

Re: Melb City RMR site 166.400

Post by blacktown »

Educated guess is that the Melbourne City RMR site would be primarily for visiting users from the regional areas so that they can communicate back to their talkgroup, hence the low activity.
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

I believe that the Melbourne RMR site is there primarily for Lifesaving Victoria (LSV). It covers the top end of the bay...
I haven't monitored that site for sometime however it was busy with testing in its early days.
Most of the testing was for LSV and other talkgroups now known to be VICSES.
I would expect that the site will become busy again during the summer period.
ambo000

Post by ambo000 »

X-Firey wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:02 pm I believe that the Melbourne RMR site is there primarily for Lifesaving Victoria (LSV). It covers the top end of the bay...
I haven't monitored that site for sometime however it was busy with testing in its early days.
Most of the testing was for LSV and other talkgroups now known to be VICSES.
I would expect that the site will become busy again during the summer period.
How are you scanning LSV now? I can't get them anywhere.
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

LSV would be rather quiet currently...
I monitor LSV via a few of the RMR sites that are basically around Port Phillip Bay eg, Melbourne, Frankston,Drysdale, Arthurs Seat, Ryanston (Bass Hill) plus a couple of others Mt Anakie, Mt Blackwood. They are the ones I can receive on at my home location, there may be others I haven't checked out yet....