Uniden SDS100E (Euro version available) - Aussie USD100 soon

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Xplorer

Uniden SDS100E (Euro version available) - Aussie USD100 soon

Post by Xplorer »

Europe now have available the Uniden SDS100E SDR Scanner - 557.85 Euro (ex tax)

https://www.avera.eu/uniden-bearcat/uni ... s100e.html

Unlike the UBCD3600XLT, the equivalent to the BCD436HP and Aussie UBCD436PT, there are no free feature upgrades.
All feature upgrades require payment

The Australian Uniden website has payment options for feature upgrades (DMR, ProVoice, NXDN), which allows for the Euro version, as well as the pending Australian version called USD100.

It's rumoured to have the following frequency range, which covers more than the US SDS100 version:
25 - 512 MHZ
806 - 960 MHz
1240 - 1300 MHz

I wonder how long before the Australian USD100 will be available and how much it will go for?
Xplorer

Re: Uniden SDS100E (Euro version available) - Aussie USD100

Post by Xplorer »

Additional feature upgrades can be purchased via the Uniden Australian website, that is advertising the Aussie version of USD100 that should be released soon.

https://www.uniden.com.au/product/scanner-upgrade/
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

You'll be able to grab yourself an early Christmas present. It's always a bit exciting when summer starts in Australia.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

I can't find anymore information on whether the Euro released SDS100E has the larger battery, or if it has the slimline one the US SDS100 version originally came with.

I'd like to think the larger battery is now only being issued; same same for when the Australian USD100 comes out.
railscan

Post by railscan »

Xplorer wrote:.......same same for when the Australian USD100 comes out.
You maybe disappointed.

R
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

https://wp.me/p2FoM0-1z2

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
railscan

Post by railscan »

I can now tell you that the USDS100 will be available in about a week. It will come with standard battery, the larger battery being available for purchase as an optional extra.

I posted this elsewhere, but it is just as relevant here:

And before anyone whinges about the price, consider this. The RRP of the SDS100 in the US is $699.95, using the current exchange rate, that comes to $AUS956.50. The street price in the US is $649.95 which equals $AUS888.00. When first released in America the SDS100 was selling at the full RRP. Within a few weeks as more and more supplies arrived the price dropped. So while it looks like we are paying more, we are NOT. The price is/will be exactly the same as the US price. One other major thing to consider is this, if you import a unit from the US and something goes wrong, it can be a very expensive exercise (around the $150 to $200 mark) to return it for warranty repair. Uniden Australia provide local warranty for units sold in Australia.