Programming NSW GRN Trunk

Discussion on Whistler technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Hawkeye

Programming NSW GRN Trunk

Post by Hawkeye »

Hello to all,

A bit of a newbie question here. I have finally got my TRX-1 and have been playing with the programming software and programmed the conventional channels (used Airband and Sydney Airport to see that everything was working and all seems good).

Now I want to jump on the GRN for NSW to access the emergency channels (Ambulance/Fire) but have no idea how to convert the Radioreference or even NSW GRN data channel to program the EZScan software for the trunking channel. The manual is a bit useless regarding this. Anyone have any idea how to do this? I can download the CSV's from Radioreference but there does not seem to be an import option for the Trunked Frequencies as opposed to the Conventional frequencies.

Anyone got an idea or a cheat sheet?

Cheers Hawkeye
Air493

Re: Programming NSW GRN Trunk

Post by Air493 »

Open the software and click on the Trunked Radio Systems tab.
Click New on the Trunked Radio Systems tab at the top.
Fill the details of the trunked system in accordingly.
Move down to the Trunked System Site Information section at the bottom. It will have auto created a single blank site.
Create as many sites as you want or need. You only need to put the Control Channel in, but adding the Alternate Control Channel can be a good idea.
After you have created your sites, click the Talkgroup Details tab in the Trunked System Site Information section. On the right side you have the option of importing Talkgroups. I always add a Wildcard and give it it's own scanlist number. This is handy for checking if everything is working OK.
Once you have added your Talkgroups, upload to the scanner, and away you go.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hello Air493,

Ok I have added the channels but have the System Talkgroups from Radioreference but can't match the data given with the layout.

They have Talkgroups:
DEC:HEX:Mode:Display:Description:TAG

The Whistler EZSCan software has
TGID:AlphaTag:L/O:Skip:Pri:ABSt:DLY:TIME:BLKT/LED:SLert:REC:Dmode:AGL:Scanlist

How do they match presuming Mode and DMode matc and Alpha Tag and Description match but does the TGID match to the DEC or HEX number? Not sure how to match the database with the software input any ideas?

Cheers Hawkeye
Air493

Post by Air493 »

Use the DEC talkgroups in EzScan