Modifications to CS400Pro

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
klorent

Modifications to CS400Pro

Post by klorent »

I've made a modification to the CS400Pro software to give you more functions to the radio.
Some of the new functions is...

Unlock/Lock bank 1 (Some of you, I know have downloaded and used my tool for that. That is not needed more).
More scan groups and scan settings. (You can set up the extra scan groups in the software, but the ch. in the groups have to be done via the radio.
Few more attributes in the banks
Continuous tone
User Tone under 5Tone.

Quick installation guide.
1. Go to the directory where you've installed Cs400Pro
2. Backup or rename your original file cs400prc.ovl
3. Unpack the file in the archive, and copy it to your installation folder.
4. Your done, and can start your software with the new functions.

Kenneth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ziggybyrne

Re: Modifications to CS400Pro

Post by ziggybyrne »

Kenneth has done some great work here guys - the 10 scan groups and freedom to alter the bank layout are the best points for me. I urge you to check out these mods as they really help make the 400 much more versatile.
Thanks Kenneth!
Regards Rowan
justbad4you

Post by justbad4you »

Hello... im having prob opening this file? Any help would be great ty in adcance
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

all you can use is 5 watts
jamieh

Post by jamieh »

Hi

does anyone have the 80ch config file for the IC400pro? i would like to upgrade my unit but cant seem to find it anywhere

Jamie
Sixes99
Newly Registered Users

Post by Sixes99 »

Rename the file with the extension .icf BEFORE use

Forum would not let the original extension to be uploaded.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gunks
Newly Registered Users

Post by gunks »

I'm not sure what is meant by "Unlock/Lock bank 1". I definitely have all the other options mentioned that weren't there before but I could always edit Bank 1.
klorent

Post by klorent »

That is right you can edit all the ch. in bank 1, but you could not add or delete ch. in bank 1.
When you unlock the bank, you can add and delete the channels in the bank as in the other banks.

Or put it different.
Before you could "only" have 40 or 80 ch. in the bank, depend on your icf file.
Now you can do what you want.

Hope that's clear it up.
gunks
Newly Registered Users

Post by gunks »

Is there something I'm supposed to do to unlock the bank?

When I try to edit I get the message "edit is restricted". All the other extra functions you put in are there so the mod has worked ok apart from that.
klorent

Post by klorent »

1. Open Bank 1
2. Dbl. Click on the field Atr. in one of the ch.
3. Click on unlock.
Done

If you look at the left tree panel, you'll notice there is a "c" on bank 1, when it is locked. When you unlock the bank the "c" will disapear.

Next time you open the file, you'll have to unlock again.

There is also other new functions in the attributes, but I do not have them in my head at the moment.

As many of you know, the 400pro, is the same radio as some of the commercial radio's, but with a modified firmware & restricted software.

So basicly the radio can do the same. It is just experimenting with the software and you'll find out what works and not. And sometimes you expect a function to do something when you experimenting, but it does something completely different. That was how I accidental discovered the unlock function.
gunks
Newly Registered Users

Post by gunks »

Thankyou, that worked.
the_tango

Post by the_tango »

Hi, I'm a new 400pro owner new to uhf radio and new to this forum! Looking forward to getting to know my radio better and my fellow pro owners. The above information will come in very handy when my programming cable finally arrives. Thank you!
snoobab
Newly Registered Users

Post by snoobab »

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and also just getting started with the hobby. I have a 400PRO complete with software and cable but I'm still trying to get my head around the way the software works...
Is there an easy way to copy an entire bank and paste into a new one or do you have to manually add channels one at a time? I want to create 80CH bank @ 5w and another 80CH bank @ 25w.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately you are only allowed to use 5W on the CBRS freqs.
Sixes99
Newly Registered Users

Post by Sixes99 »

and only 128 channels can be used.

Using 25w may be a great idea but if you cannot hear other stations, why would you want them to hear you?
snoobab
Newly Registered Users

Post by snoobab »

Thanks for the input guys, you make a valid point Sixes99. I've managed to successfully do the 80CH upgrade to my radio and will leave it at that.
Cheers
Sixes99
Newly Registered Users

Post by Sixes99 »

All good mate
chalkster
Newly Registered Users

Post by chalkster »

Great piece of work here @klorent... very clever and useful mod , expanding the utility of the Ic400 again..
I dips me hat..