A bit of nostalgia

If you have something to say that just doesn't fit into any of the forums above, then post it here, remember to keep it PG rated for the kids
VK3RX

A bit of nostalgia

Post by VK3RX »

I came across a copy of this magazine recently - Australian Scanner's World, published in 1984.

I can't load the document here because of a site limitation of max 2mb for .pdf's, so I've temporarily loaded it to another site. If someone is prepared to host it somewhere, go right ahead and post a link. I've omitted the frequency listing pages, both to keep the file size down and few of the entries are relevant today.

The scanner antenna article is useful for those who like to try rolling their own. The antenna covered on pages 11 and 12 I used for many years in a number of locations, and it was a great performer.

Roger Harrison VK2ZRH confirms he wrote most if not all the articles, and acknowledgement is given to the original publishers, the Federal Publishing Company.

http://www.vk3rx.com/ASW_ed01.pdf
Last edited by VK3RX on Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vkfour

Re: A bit of nostalgia

Post by Vkfour »

Ah, memories. Thanks for that.
kevnerd486

Post by kevnerd486 »

Thanks for that I remember buying that back in the day.

Regards

Kev
AlejandroAvila
Newly Registered Users

Post by AlejandroAvila »

VK3RX wrote:I came across a copy of this magazine recently - Australian Scanner's World, published in 1984.

I can't load the document here because of this phen24 review limitation of max 2mb for .pdf's, so I've temporarily loaded it to another site. If someone is prepared to host it somewhere, go right ahead and post a link. I've omitted the frequency listing pages, both to keep the file size down and few of the entries are relevant today.

The scanner antenna article is useful for those who like to try rolling their own. The antenna covered on pages 11 and 12 I used for many years in a number of locations, and it was a great performer.

Roger Harrison VK2ZRH confirms he wrote most if not all the articles, and acknowledgement is given to the original publishers, the Federal Publishing Company.
You brought back the old memories. Ahh, those were the days. Do you have more magazines published in the 1980s?
Last edited by AlejandroAvila on Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

I don't, that magazine was with some other stuff I bought on ebay.

However a google turned up these on the amercanradiohistory site:

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/ET ... ine-AU.htm
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/El ... lia_AU.htm

It would be nice to find scans of others such as CB action, Amateur Radio Action and Radio and Communications.
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

Update:

The Electronics Today International (ETI) magazines from February 1977 include the magazine "CB Australia". They start from around page 50-something in the scans.