Uniden BCD436HP - updates and upgrades

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Xplorer

Uniden BCD436HP - updates and upgrades

Post by Xplorer »

Uniden USA have released another firmware update to their BCDx36HP model.
New firmware version 1.14.00 release (previously 1.11.31), now provides fixes and improvements.

This update also enables the user to purchase NXDN upgrade, available from 29th March 2018.
For those with Whistler TRX-1 and TRX-2, NXDN comes free and standard with their models.

1.14.00 Release Notes (03/26/2018)
Support NXDN Trunking, NXDN One-Frequency Trunking, and Icom IDAS Trunking Upgrade
Allows the selection of RAN and Area in conventional programming.
Supports Motorola and Harris P25 Patch ID
Supports Extended Addressing EDACS Patch IDs
Improved simplex DMR reception with auto threshold
Adds support for NXDN to Analyze and LCN Finder functions
Improves P25 Phase 2 Encryption Muting
Corrected an issue where the anaylze function could cause the scanner to reboot
Added ENC and NAC display for conventional and search modes
Corrected an issue where selecting "Stop All Avoiding" did not remove avoid from all items.

Reference: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCD43 ... wareUpdate

Uniden Australia.
Are you listening, or sitting on your hands leaving the public having to purchase better products overseas.
SANDMAN20

Re: Uniden BCD436HP - updates and upgrades

Post by SANDMAN20 »

Got mine upgraded :)
SANDMAN20

Post by SANDMAN20 »

Sorry just to add this is on special at the moment for $30USD it came to $40AUD with fees.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

New firmware update documented here - going from v1.11.31, to v1.14.00
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SANDMAN20

Post by SANDMAN20 »

Not sure why it says NXDN upgrade, available from 29th March 2018 as it is ready now
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

SANDMAN20 wrote:Not sure why it says NXDN upgrade, available from 29th March 2018 as it is ready now
Yes, seen that the NXDN 4800 and 9600 systems upgrade is now available for purchase.
The current Sentinel does not yet support entering NXDN system, so has to be done manually.

https://www.uniden.com/newsroom/nxdn-su ... -bcd536hp/
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

SANDMAN20 wrote:Sorry just to add this is on special at the moment for $30USD it came to $40AUD with fees.
Only problem is Uniden US don't support overseas customers to purchase upgrades with non-US address and non-US issued credit card.

The $30 US is tempting knowing that soon a new Sentinel will be released to support NXDN entry, then upgrade option will increase to $60 US.

Zip Scanners, ScannerMaster and a few others will process upgrades for overseas customers, but at an inflated price.
SANDMAN20

Post by SANDMAN20 »

My card works fine Just selected US Armed Forces and put my real address in with a US zip code. never had a problem with the DMR or NXDN upgrade
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

NXDN upgrade completed without any issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SANDMAN20

Post by SANDMAN20 »

So I take it u did what I said and it worked
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

Whether MyUniden allows you to purchase the upgrade I think depends on the card type used.

I've never been able to get my MC to be accepted (despite using US forces & a US zip code), but I understand debit cards are OK.

It's not Uniden; the credit card processing company they use will only accept credit cards from US or Canadian providers.

So I've done the firmware upgrade, now to figure out how to get the upgrade. For DMR, Ham Shack over there arranged it but they would only accept payment via Western Union.
SANDMAN20

Post by SANDMAN20 »

Yeah that is true. I used a Westpac debit mastercard if that info helps people. Maybe it would ne cheaper to open an account with westpacc than close it after you have done the purchase upgrade.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

SANDMAN20 wrote:So I take it u did what I said and it worked
Certainly did and worked. Many thanks.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

VK3RX wrote:Whether MyUniden allows you to purchase the upgrade I think depends on the card type used.

I've never been able to get my MC to be accepted (despite using US forces & a US zip code), but I understand debit cards are OK.

It's not Uniden; the credit card processing company they use will only accept credit cards from US or Canadian providers.

So I've done the firmware upgrade, now to figure out how to get the upgrade. For DMR, Ham Shack over there arranged it but they would only accept payment via Western Union.
I used Zip Scanners for the purchase of ProVoice and DMR, but originally had difficulty with payment. I used PayPal to pay them with no issues, but issue was they wouldn't accept payment from PayPal without a copy of drivers licence or passport. I was not going to hand over that info, so they confirmed over the phone my mobile number and email address I used to order the upgrades. From this it went though quickly, but as with all businesses, they up their fees and the upgrades become expensive.

For the NXDN upgrade, I used my Australian Visa debit card to make payment.
As what SANDMAN20 mentioned, enter your correct name as displayed on card, and address registered to your card.
Select Armed Forces - Pacific; Postcode was 90210, and Country was other.

Payment went through and received the key in about 30 seconds.

Way cheaper than using businesses offering overpriced upgrades.
I wish I did this for the original upgrades to save money.
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

Thanks guys.

I've applied for a debit card with my bank, which they say should arrive late next week. Hopefully a) it will work for this and b) Uniden don't release the new version of Sentinel before then, when the cost of the upgrade doubles :)
SANDMAN20

Post by SANDMAN20 »

Im happy it worked for ya and best of luck 4 u Damien.