Programming UBCD436-PT

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
tom82
Newly Registered Users

Programming UBCD436-PT

Post by tom82 »

Hi there,

I just acquired a UBCD436-PT.

I would like to know how to program for NSW GRN APCO25, I am located in Tamworth NSW.

How / where do I enter frequencies?

What resources, guides, how-tos can you recommend?

I am upgrading from a Uniden UBC245XLT.

Thank you
Sparker

Re: Programming UBCD436-PT

Post by Sparker »

Hi had my UBCD436-PT for 3 weeks now and was able to get GRN in my local area (Illawarra) not sure if it's the right way but it works. PM me with your number and I can talk you through it.
Uniden UBCD436-PT
GME XRS Connect
Codanradio
Newly Registered Users

Post by Codanradio »

Hi all
looking to program Air band frequencies to my 436-pt.
I am totally new to digital scanners, it all looks very bewildering.
Is anyone able to give me a kick start.

Thanks
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

What I suggest is if you haven't already done so, connect your scanner to a PC and take a copy of it's SD card and save in a couple of places. That way if something goes wrong you can copy it back to the scanner and be back to square one.

Then using Sentinel read the scanner's dataset, save to PC and disconnect the scanner.

Basically the programming hierarchy with the 436 & 536 is System > Department > Channel Name. You create them in that sequence.

Using Sentinel, have a look at the UHF CB data In the Favorites Lists (FL). The System is "Citizen Band(99"), the Department is "Conventional" and Channel Name is "UHF-CB".

Note the type of data in each, which will give you an idea what sort of data you need to enter for a new Favorites List "Airband" entry.

You can create a new (additional entry) in the Favorite Lists (FL) by highlighting Favorites Lists then Edit > Edit Favorites List > New Favorites List.

Given it a name e.g. "Airband". Click the green "+" in the next window, enter Airband as the System Name and "Conventional" as the System Type.

Then using the green "+" symbol in the Department and Channel windows, work your way through entering the required data.

Then write the new FL to the radio and check it out. If you have another scanner, maybe enter one of the frequencies you programmed into your 436, and if all is well a transmission should be received on both scanners :)
Codanradio
Newly Registered Users

Post by Codanradio »

Thanks Damien
That makes sense, I will have a play when I have some time. I find the handbook instructions very intimidating , for someone who has graduated from analogue scanners.
Is there anywhere to find a more user friendly set of programming instrutions for this unit.
Also, am I able to enter the aircraft band and scan only that band. I also reag that Sentinal is not the most user friendly programming tool, is it possible to use others?
Sorry I may be asking too many questions.

Thanks mate
Regards
Chris.
Air493

Post by Air493 »

My suggestion is to invest in the Butel software to program your scanner. The current crop of Uniden's are a pain to program by hand. The software makes life very, very easy.

I am happy to help you out with airband info, and as a former resident of Tamworth, I can help Tom82 out with GRN in Tamworth as well!
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

There is an alternative to the manual here:

http://new.marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml

I've found it quite useful but the architecture of the 436/536 programming is still complicated.

Yes, you will be able to just scan the aircraft band Favorite List if you choose. Once you add that as a new entry to your current Favorites Lists, like any other entry in the list you can turn them on or off either via the "Set Scan Selection" function, or - far easier - if you have allocated a Quick Key (QK) to the particular list, you can turn it on or off via that function (.no > QK > E/yes) .
Codanradio
Newly Registered Users

Post by Codanradio »

Thanks all for the info.
I am now organised on FL's and custom scans using Sentenel, complex but not too difficult once you understand the layout and heirachy....
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

Well done :)