Extend PDW filtering functionality

If your into decoding transmissions, this is the place for you. Topics cover everything from pocsag, ermes, acars, flex & mobitex!!!
KrisAU

Extend PDW filtering functionality

Post by KrisAU »

Hi all,

I'm loving PDW so far, however I'm finding the filtering functionality to be severely lacking.
What I'd ideally like to be able to do is send emails to unique email addresses based on the capcode.

Is anyone aware of any way to do this?

My end goal is to forward the message to a different Pushover/SMS script based on the capcode to notify different people of messages of interest to them.
(Not breaking any rules, they're messages they're entitled to see anyway - just looking at alternative transport methods)

Cheers
cjl_72

Re: Extend PDW filtering functionality

Post by cjl_72 »

this is sort of what I want to achieve, did you ever work it out?
madmarto

Post by madmarto »

The only way I've been able to do this is to run multiple instances of PDW, each with their own program folder on the hard drive. By setting up the filtering and email handling on each one it sends specific messages to different Pushover accounts.
Uniden UBCD396XT with UBC-RH96 remote head in the car; Uniden UBC73XLT (PDW), UBC396XT and UBCD436-PT at home.
jkl090

Post by jkl090 »

What I would do is set up one script or program that is automatically launched every time a message that you want is found.

Then in that program/script check what capcode it is and send it to the appropriate pushover target etc.

You could use powershell to do it.

I made my own app that does it (but my app is primarily to import the message in to my monitoring server)
KrisAU

Post by KrisAU »

I ended up writing my own script in Python which interprets the capcode, then pushes the message to the appropriate person/group via Pushover.
jkl090

Post by jkl090 »

Yeah that's the best way I think