Uniden UBCD325-P2

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
lwh088

Uniden UBCD325-P2

Post by lwh088 »

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has heard about any firmware updates for the AUS version? US seem to be getting Firm update releases...

I'm told DMR is also able to be scanned with this unit, anyone had a crack yet?
Cheers,

Luke

Uniden ubcd325-P2, ubcd396t, Icom IC400pro Tait TP9100 T2020 Motorola MOTOTRBO DM3600
X-Firey

Re: Uniden UBCD325-P2

Post by X-Firey »

No firmware updates for the UBCD325P2-AU or word on the DMR upgrade at this time from Uniden Australia.
Don't hold your breath...
lwh088

Post by lwh088 »

X-Firey wrote:No firmware updates for the UBCD325P2-AU or word on the DMR upgrade at this time from Uniden Australia.
Don't hold your breath...
Hahaha, I got stopped in my tracks pretty quick this morning when I started looking into it, I have emailed Uniden Australia to find out when we can see an update.

Like you said, I wont be holding my breath!
Cheers,

Luke

Uniden ubcd325-P2, ubcd396t, Icom IC400pro Tait TP9100 T2020 Motorola MOTOTRBO DM3600
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

I guess Uniden Australia need to be convinced it is worth the $$$$$'s for them.
I think the Australian consumer has shown that the interest is there.
There is a whole new world to be explored with a DMR (& NXDN) capable scanner.
I did the paid upgrade to my BCD996P2 and have a both Whistler TRX models so have those modes well covered now.
peteramjet

Uniden UBCD325-P2

Post by peteramjet »

Uniden Australian won’t answer if they’ll come to the party with DMR and/or NXDN.

While it doesn’t assist those with Aussie models, the best options at the moment are either the Whistler series (which include DMR and NXDN out of the box), or if you prefer Uniden go for the UK UBCD3600XLT, which is the exact same as the Aussie 436PT but with DMR and NXDN out of the box.