Antenna install HELP

Discussion on any technologies that do not fall under one of the above vendors, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
GME Man

Antenna install HELP

Post by GME Man »

Hi there, I am setting up a base station and I didn't want to put a big antenna on the roof, so I thought I could sit an antenna on the window sill. But I still want to have pretty good range so maybe one of those stick on antennas where the actual antenna sticks on the outside and the other part with the cable sticks on the inside side. Anyone have any ideas, maybe I should just get a cheap bracket or something to mount on the side of the house.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GME Man
SteveO

Re: Antenna install HELP

Post by SteveO »

Maybe attach a mobile whip to the gutter?
Steve
Phantom
Forum Manager

Antenna install HELP

Post by Phantom »

You must match the antenna to the band for which you are wanting to use, for optimum performance.
Are you going to use it for just RX or TX/RX?
It's hard to know without specific band details. Do you have a suitable area to act as a ground plane (if needed)?
GME Man

Post by GME Man »

I would like it to Tx and Rx, and no I don't have a suitable area to act as a ground plane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GME Man
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

then you'll have to use a wire ground plane.
RadioKid

Post by RadioKid »

As SteveO said try a mobile whip on the gutter. Its how I started on UHF CB. Also you can try strapping the antenna to a long pole, dig a hole to hold it and attach it to the house.
Mathew

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
Uniden UBC126AT, Baofeng GT3