Tait TM9100

Discussion on Tait technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
vkcpolice

Tait TM9100

Post by vkcpolice »

Hey all i have a Tait TM9100 Trying to program to receive All P25 Vic Fire Dispatch Ch's. i want to set up the radio for RX only however when i select the profile p25 trunking it asks for a trunking key. i cant find anyware in the software where to add this or know what the trunking key would be. does anyone have a file for this radio i can upload or any advice help with working out the software would be greatly appreciated. cheers
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Tait TM9100

Post by Phantom »

Why not simply use a scanner?
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

its not for me
xtl-kindaguy

Post by xtl-kindaguy »

Last edited by xtl-kindaguy on Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Good Morning, The Taits use a unique code that is generated for each individual radio. It is 5 groups of 5 alpha numeric digits with a 2 digit check sum at the end. No 2 codes are the same. The radio has a different code for each option that is fitted. You can find the list by going "Tools", Optional Features" and "Read Radio". This will give you a list of options fitted. I doubt that you will be able to crack the code used to activate these options. Dealers have to purchase a code for each option in each radio they configure. Regards
Yipyip.
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

thx for that info ill pass it on to my mate. he said that the person he brought it off has it programmed for nsw but cleared it at sale.
Twbtech

Post by Twbtech »

I've just done a radio for trunking... the SFK cost $380 from a Tait dealer and has to be generated by Tait.. the other option is to try and find a old contractors radio from one of the coal mines near Moranbah which would have the key loaded for VHF trunking.
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

He said the radio had originally come out of the mines. we have not since plugged the radio into a pc to try and reprogram it as it was way to complicated. the other idea we had thought of was cloning one of the cfa Tait radios then changing a few settings so it wont transmit or show up on there network
Simon Snorkel

Post by Simon Snorkel »

vkcpolice wrote:He said the radio had originally come out of the mines. we have not since plugged the radio into a pc to try and reprogram it as it was way to complicated. the other idea we had thought of was cloning one of the cfa Tait radios then changing a few settings so it wont transmit or show up on there network
Sorry cloning a CFA radio won't work, unless you have access to a CFA security dongle (TASK key) and have the password for it as the radios are all security locked.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

vkcpolice wrote:?...the other idea we had thought of was cloning one of the cfa Tait radios then changing a few settings so it wont transmit or show up on there network
That idea is flawed and very dangerous. It would simply be smarter to simply use a scanner.
xtl-kindaguy

Post by xtl-kindaguy »

Does anyone know how to program up a TM9100 so its impossible to TX so its just like a scanner?
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Just disable the TX or don't put a freq in the TX column during programming