best antenna for ubcd396xt

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
nirvana

best antenna for ubcd396xt

Post by nirvana »

I am looking at getting a better screw in mobile antenna for the 396xt and was looking at getting either the RadioShack RS800 or the extendable type that is available on ebay like this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-AL-800-H ... Sw7VBTxBJN .

Are these any good for a bit more gain in regional Victoria or is there a better antenna someone could suggest for me and where to get it ,please ?

Thankyou.
chainz

Re: best antenna for ubcd396xt

Post by chainz »

Nagoya 771. EBay for a couple of bucks

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Cally460

Post by Cally460 »

I did a test run with the handheld in the car, that was fitted with a roof mount aerial.

The handheld aerial that came with the scanner crapped all over the external professionally installed aerial..
and that aerial was specifically cut for the 163 Mhz band....

Stuff that was barely one bar on the in car set was registering three bars on the handheld, which was just sitting on the centre console of the car, in front of the gear selector.
nirvana

Post by nirvana »

Thanks for the replies. I`ll look into all the options.

Nirvana