Simoco SRM9000 beeping issue

Discussion on Philips / Simoco technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
PAQ12
Newly Registered Users

Simoco SRM9000 beeping issue

Post by PAQ12 »

G'day folks, i'm new to this board so please don't shoot me if i've put this in the wrong section.

I've recently purchased a second hand SRM9000 with a 9020 head.
All has been fine for the couple of days that its been in the car, however today when I turned the car on, the radio just started beeping at me. So I turned it off then back on and all was sweet.
Then tonight, turned the car on again, and it did the same thing. It mainly does it when its scanning channels, although it is doing it to a couple of the UHF channels also and when I click on the mic to talk on a particular channel it just gives a long beep.

I've since re-programmed it with several different types of files to see if each file did it, and sure enough it is.

So what could be the problem and how do I fix it? If you need more information, just ask me.

Its a UW model.

Thankyou in advance :)
pearlkane
Newly Registered Users

Re: Simoco SRM9000 beeping issue

Post by pearlkane »

as far as i know, the beep sound is because of the signal problem and will be ok automatically after sometime.
parr90
Newly Registered Users

Post by parr90 »

Hey guys, first post on here but the topic name is pretty much the same question as I was going to ask.

I recently acquired a SRM9000 with 9020 head, I have installed it all but every time I select a channel or attempt to TX it beeps (sometimes pulsed some times constant) and it will also not RX? so make things stranger I have tried it with a 2nd SRM9000 and 9020plus head same results. I have the program cable and programming everything on that sides looks ok.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm about to give up and buy a GME. thanks in advance

PS. this is a great fourm keep up the good work
Newy1234

Post by Newy1234 »

First thing I would look at is the antenna setup may not be any good, too high SWR.

Most radios these days will protect the finals if they detect a high SWR.
thomasguy
Newly Registered Users

Post by thomasguy »

Hey guys, did you solve this problem? As I have just come across the same problem!
Any help would be great
parr90
Newly Registered Users

Post by parr90 »

Nope never solved my issue. Im guessing its SWR like Newy1234 said but I don't have the tools to check, antenna is a glass GME 4705 mounted on my bull bar.
melbourneradio

Post by melbourneradio »

Check your antenna earth if mounted on a bull bar

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
John Remington
VK3 XRI
South Eastern Communications
Radios-Communications- Pagers
facebook- https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Ea ... 183?ref=hl
http://www.secomms.com.au
sales@secomms.com.au