Unable to Edit

By providing us with your feedback and suggestions so that we can improve the website to make it more enjoyable for you
Comint

Unable to Edit

Post by Comint »

I notice Users are no longer able to Edit their own posts. Is this a glitch in the system, or a change of Policy.

--
Comint
youngn
Forum Manager

Re: Unable to Edit

Post by youngn »

Comint wrote:Is this a glitch in the system, or a change of Policy
Good morning Comint,

It is a change of policy being trialled to reduce the amount of users editing theirs posts to "..." usually after an argument.

Cheers
"YOUNGN"
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

I'm a stickler for spelling and grammar, and it pains me that I can no longer edit my posts. Surely the old system where the poster could edit their posts before any replies were received was sufficient, coupled with the notification of 'this person has edited their post xx number of times' after replies were posted.

If the issue is one of a couple of posters removing their posts after 'arguments' then in my view those users should be dealt with separately, as it no doubt only applies to a very, very small number of users of this board.
michael
Administrator

Post by michael »

I'll look at installing a modification to allow us to view the edit history and ability to restore should we need, we can then re-enable the edit function.

As YOUNGN said before, a couple of users have spoiled it for now.

I don't want people trashing the board because they are unhappy with advice offered or are on the sour end of a debate, if we can keep posts intact as much as possible then other users/guests can see that we are here to point those who aren't as upto speed in the right direction and for 'friendly' open discussion on related topics.

We will keep you posted.

test edit
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

peteramjet wrote:I'm a stickler for spelling and grammar, and it pains me that I can no longer edit my posts. Surely the old system where the poster could edit their posts before any replies were received was sufficient, coupled with the notification of 'this person has edited their post xx number of times' after replies were posted.

If the issue is one of a couple of posters removing their posts after 'arguments' then in my view those users should be dealt with separately, as it no doubt only applies to a very, very small number of users of this board.
Thank you for your feedback I do appreciate it. I agree it is a very small percentage and it is unfair on the majority, we briefly trialled the no editing option but I believe it is now back to 'normal' where any user may edit their own posts. However now there is a log for any changes, so if the "..." edit occurs we can act on that specific incident and restore any necessary posts.

Cheers
"YOUNGN"
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

Good job to both michael and youngn for the quick replies and action.