CFA on Digital

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
turbine_prop

CFA on Digital

Post by turbine_prop »

Hi all.

This morning I had very rare peice of time to quickly flick the UBCD996T scanner on and what pops up 163.600 Vicfire on Digital P25 Shepparton units turning out to a house fire, now I still don't know a lot about the CFA switch over to digital despite being in the game scanning since the beginning of time as we know it due mainly thanks to work and being away a lot and working stupid hours with no play time.

But also as it has only just recently happened and I know that the 996T doesn't do Phase II or NAC I don't have any of the new digital Freq's or codes nor have I had time to really read much so as to understand how to program the CFA PMR system ( any help , prompts , info greatly appreciated.)

Lucky when I programmed 163.600 I programmed it as ALL audio and NOT strictly Digital or Analogue so anyway time to try and snatch a little bit more time somewhere and try and have a a bit more of a play.

So just what is happening with CFA Digital.

I have been looking at and considering the new HP536 but have hear to many bad reports about ti so just holding fire at the moment any suggestions ?.
Regards
Wayne
Melbourne
Pumper_50

Re: CFA on Digital

Post by Pumper_50 »

All inital Districts that were to transition to RMR have done so. RMR Network radios for CFA are only Phase I (FDMA).

You simply program RMR the same way you program the MMR.

Site Control Channel frequencies:
http://vicradiozone.com/rmr-network/rmr-network-sites/

TGID's are listed available also:
http://vicradiozone.com/fire/country-fi ... twork-rmr/

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
turbine_prop

Re: CFA on Digital

Post by turbine_prop »

Thanks heaps for that Pumper 50, all I have to do now is find the time.

Regards
Turbine_Prop
Regards
Wayne
Melbourne