My Photos

The place to get the latest website updates, to share your suggestions and to introduce yourself to the community
Stretch
Forum Manager

My Photos

Post by Stretch »

Firstly, my photos are copyright which means you may not use them without my permission. I was lucky enough to be alerted by a friend that someone was using my photos and claiming them and his and for starters I wasn't happy and dealt with the admins on the forum and thus he was banned, and secondly I started using the signiture down the bottom.

Secondly - on a happier note - if anyone particularly likes a photo, and would like to use it, hold your mouse over the image, record the filename and drop me an email (mrphoto@tpg.com.au) with the filename and I'll send it straight back to you. Also keep in mind that when I resize the images (to comply with forum restrictions) I lose quality so you would be getting the orginal fullsize photo.

Mitch
Mitch Rogers
Phoenix Rising

Re: My Photos

Post by Phoenix Rising »

I agree with Stretch on this matter - and actually thank him for bringing it to my attention as well.
It would appear my images had been taken and used without not only my permission but with someone elses name on them?!
Alot of people tend to think that if they see an image and click on it and it can be saved that they have the right to tag their name to it when in actually fact it is against the copyrights laws.
I have a reputation as a freelance fire photographer, and have had for the last 9yrs - i'd like to keep it that way! LOL!
Thanks again Stretch
Trish
Shaker4x4

Re: My Photos

Post by Shaker4x4 »

Wake up old thread!

Unless Photos have a water mark digitally stamped on them, there is nothing you can do about people stealing images once you upload them for everyone to download. Photos not only become property of the server they are uploaded to in many instances if covered by disclaimer (such as FaceBook,) but also is free public access material. You have to prove intellectual property rights of something to take possession of it and have to pay copyright for all your watermarked material to be protected and make a claim for breach of copyright as I understand it. Too many people upload too much and freely give too much personal information on the internet as well.