Perth Digital Scanning

Enthusiast discussion on trunked radio networks, protocols including MPT1327, TETRA, EDACS, SMARTNET - as well as talk group ID's
numloxx
Newly Registered Users

Perth Digital Scanning

Post by numloxx »

HI all,

I've bought the Uniden UBCD396TX, and would like to make use of the digital scanning, but can't really find anything digital to scan?

Any suggestions?

Also, I'm trying to find the new digital radio system at Perth Airport. I think its either TETRA or Motorola TRBO. I know that WAC is using some new digital radios. Any ideas how I can find them using the ACMA site?
Do all digital frequecies have a Emission Designator such as D or E?

According to http://www.acma.gov.au/webwr/_assets/ma ... (rib8).pdf Page 5, the D letter means Data Transmission. Is this for Digital radios?
Phil
Administrator

Re: Perth Digital Scanning

Post by Phil »

firstly please go to the Introduce Yourself and make yourself known to everyone first. secondly please do not waste your time with this system as it has been indicated on other forums that is a Tetra system which can no be decoded or received by your scanner
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
numloxx
Newly Registered Users

Post by numloxx »

Thank you for the welcome.
Comint

Post by Comint »

numloxx wrote: . . . I think its either TETRA or Motorola TRBO. I know that WAC is using some new digital radios. Any ideas how I can find them using the ACMA site?
Short answer, NO.

The generally accepted Emission Designator for :-

TETRA is 25K0D7W, and for

MOTOTRBO is:-

7K60FXE - Digital Voice and Data, or

7K60FXD - Digital Data only.

However, it seems that the ACMA offices in each area have their own interpretation as to which Emission Designators are applicable. And there is also the problem where Analogue frequencies are being re-used, such as the 800 MHz systems in most States moving to TETRA, and the licencees not bothering to notify the ACMA of the change to digital equipment, so the ACMA Database still shows an Emission Designator for an Analogue system.

According to http://www.acma.gov.au/webwr/_assets/ma ... (rib8).pdf Page 5, the D letter means Data Transmission. Is this for Digital radios?
Data - like Telemetry, Paging, etc.

--
Comint
numloxx
Newly Registered Users

Post by numloxx »

Thanks Comint :) I will do some more research.
camer19
Newly Registered Users

Post by camer19 »

Hello...

I recently shifted from Canada to Perth and here I need help for scanning service for my office use..., I need digital scanning service daily for my office work...
So, please suggest me some best shops and companies from where I can take this service...
Thank you in advance...