Melbourne CBD Frequencies

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
tanger32au

Melbourne CBD Frequencies

Post by tanger32au »

I am heading over in a few months. What are the best frequencies to listen to in the CBD? I will be programming my UBC126AT before I go.
X-Firey

Re: Melbourne CBD Frequencies

Post by X-Firey »

I would suggest that you have a look at Vicradio Zone for starters.
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

DMR and NXDN is plentiful over here but obviously the 126AT is unable to handle that mode, however the Tramways still operate a busy analogue net and you can hear some rather interesting events and exchanges.

Try some of these: https://vicradiozone.com/other/tramways/

SES are currently migrating to the P25 Trunking MMR Network (UHF) and RMR Network (VHF) but you might still hear some traffic on their legacy UHF and VHF freqs but I doubt it will be much given the speed at which they're migrating.

The final 4 CFA Districts will soon migrate to the RMR Network also vacating their old VHF Voting Network.

You might still hear a bit on the Ambulance Victoria VHF freqs used for Rural Ops.
If around the Melbourne area program in 165.3500MHz, but they too are transitioning to the RMR for Rural Ops and Ambulance Victoria Metropolitan Ops have long been on the UHF MMR Network.

Some aviation might also been on the cards: https://vicradiozone.com/other/aviation/

There is still analogue out there, but mostly couriers and taxis are prevalent on it.
Like I said DMR and NXDN is the more prevalent of modes here nowadays.

If you're local to Melbourne I could loan you a UBCD396XT for a few days when here so you can at least listen to MFB and Ambulance Victoria (Metropolitan) also.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
tanger32au

Post by tanger32au »

Thanks for the replies.

I will check out that site, the trams and some close call scanning might be the go. I don't know how much free time I will have.
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

No worries. I work in the heart of the Melbourne CBD mostly, so like I said I can have a UBCD396XT available for loan for however long you're about if you want to.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Vkctomelb

Post by Vkctomelb »

Hi pumper 50 was wondering if you could help me out... I have a UBCD396XT
And I would like to monitor Ambulance Melbourne north south east west etc would you know the best freaquency as I’m in Doreen... a suburb that’s pretty far out the northern suburbs just past Mernda... and signal is weak etc i wonder of
There’s is a stronger freaquency