CFA Digital Frequencies

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
jimbojones889

CFA Digital Frequencies

Post by jimbojones889 »

Hi all. Running a UBCD396XT and was wondering if the cfa are running the Digital Frequencies? Are there certain control frequencies i need to add to be able to receive their TGID's to program. Thanks.
madmarto

Re: CFA Digital Frequencies

Post by madmarto »

Try https://vicradiozone.com/government-net ... ork-sites/. Heaps of good info there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Uniden UBCD396XT with UBC-RH96 remote head in the car; Uniden UBC73XLT (PDW), UBC396XT and UBCD436-PT at home.
harry56
Newly Registered Users

CFA Digital Frequencies

Post by harry56 »

I have 132.350 in my scanner as a NSW RFS frequency. Just couldnt figure out why I was hearing commercial traffic on it.
madmarto

Post by madmarto »

Harry, you'll find an answer here - http://www.aussiescanners.com.au/forum/ ... 93&p=42330
Uniden UBCD396XT with UBC-RH96 remote head in the car; Uniden UBC73XLT (PDW), UBC396XT and UBCD436-PT at home.
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

During a search of the ACMA database I came across a new listing for the Frankston Fire Station.
The frequency is 162.5375. (Tx)

I've programmed the frequency in to my scanner and found that it receives/relays Ch27 comms, Dist 08 analogue dispatch channel. NAC is 4A4. The antenna is at a height of 23 metres so I'd say mounted at the top of the drill tower.
This may improve the reception of the D08 dispatch channel for some listeners in the area.

Does anyone have any further info re the intended use of this transmitter eg. fire station to VicFire communications etc?
Simon Snorkel

Post by Simon Snorkel »

It’s a temporary fix for black spot issues around Frankston until the RMR network is switched on there next year. There’s also one other site doing the same to fill in coverage issues.
shuts63

Post by shuts63 »

Simon Snorkel wrote:It’s a temporary fix for black spot issues around Frankston until the RMR network is switched on there next year. There’s also one other site doing the same to fill in coverage issues.
Simon Snorkel do you know when and if District 14 is going RMR. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simon Snorkel

Post by Simon Snorkel »

Yeah all outer metro are going to RMR end of 2018
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

Thanks for the reply Simon Snorkel...

To quote the CFA news 13 September "Transition to the new service is expected to commence in November 2018 and be completed in February 2019".

An RMR site is now established at 101 Collins Street so it has started (although not switched on). The system for outer metro will slowly develop from that. I think the plan is to add around another 235+ sites to the network.
shuts63

Post by shuts63 »

Thanks for the updates Simon Snorkel and X-Firey. After travelling around and listening to other operational RMR sites it quietly blows the mind on clarity and coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ross85

Post by Ross85 »

Haha this guy ^^^^^
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

.... dealing with it ......
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

I'm told the main purpose of the RMR Network tower located in the Melbourne CBD at 101 Collins is for Surf Life Saving Victoria. That might explain why there are currently only a small amount of frequencies licensed to it. Other entities might also access, but the main traffic expected on it at this stage is SLSV Operations.

I really think the Sherrif's Office of Victoria has dropped the ball on this one by pulling out of the project. Now they have to hand back money previously allocated to them by EMV so they could comply with ACMA requirements and migrate across.

Sorry gone off topic a bit, but it is all related to the same project.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

Thanks for that bit of info P50.
I've been wondering about that site and how it would fit into the 'outer metro' RMR. I though it may have become the 'centre' of the network. The MMR network expanded outwards from those CBD sites and the RMR has done the reverse.
It's all very interesting watching these different networks develop.
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Simon Snorkel wrote:It’s a temporary fix for black spot issues around Frankston until the RMR network is switched on there next year. There’s also one other site doing the same to fill in coverage issues.
Another at Eltham shortly if not already done.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Simon Snorkel

Post by Simon Snorkel »

Pumper_50 wrote:
Another at Eltham shortly if not already done.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
That’s the one, went live early September.
Xplorer

Metro CFA Districts transitioning to digital

Post by Xplorer »

The schedule is out for CFA Districts 7, 8, 13 and 14 to move from the current analogue channels.

CFA’s outer metropolitan districts will soon transition from using analogue channels to using digital dispatch channels when communicating with VicFire.

As part of the Victorian State Government’s Digital Radio Upgrade Program (DRUP), CFA’s outer metropolitan Districts (7, 8, 13 and 14) will soon transition from using analogue channels to using digital dispatch channels when communicating with VicFire.

The Program, facilitated by EMV, will bring CFA’s outer metropolitan districts up to the same quality of dispatch communications enjoyed by CFA regional districts, and Victoria Police, MFB, and Ambulance Victoria in metropolitan Melbourne. It is seen as an important step to further enhance brigades’ capacity to carry out their duties.

The upgrades will see an additional 33 towers built across the four Districts as well as the introduction of 25 VicFire-allocated fire ground channels.

These new channels will use the new tower network to improve communications, providing better audio quality dispatch communications between CFA and VicFire.

When implemented, brigades will be advised of their allocated fire ground channel on their pager and by VicFire when turning out.

“The State Government has invested heavily in the enhancement of the RMR digital network which will see improved communications capabilities across CFA’s Outer Metropolitan Districts,” CFA’s DRUP Project Director Shane Peacock said.

Current planning will see a staggered roll-out of the network:

• District 8 in late November 2018
• District 14 in mid-December 2018
• District 13 in early February 2019
• District 7 in early March 2019

To allow time for members to get used to the transition to digital, both the digital and analogue dispatch channels will be patched together at VicFire for a period of time after transition.

Train the Trainer sessions will start in August with facilitators providing one-hour information sessions on the changes to each brigade and station in the four districts. Districts have each nominated an Operations Officer who will liaise with Groups and Station OIC’s to plan the timing of these sessions.

Brigades will still have access to their current simplex (radio to radio) fire ground channels as a redundancy and for use as part of regular training and exercises.

If you require and further information, please contact your District Headquarters.

https://news.cfa.vic.gov.au/-/digital-c ... atest-news
Vkctomelb

Post by Vkctomelb »

I believe but correct me if I’m wrong...
CFA’s district 14 when they migrate to the RMR network
Will there TGID be 30514 ?
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Vkctomelb wrote:I believe but correct me if I’m wrong...
CFA’s district 14 when they migrate to the RMR network
Will there TGID be 30514 ?
You're correct, with Ch. 519 (30519) as their secondary dispatch channel at times of major or prolonged incidents.

See: https://vicradiozone.com/government-net ... users/cfa/

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

Apart from the introduction of the 'trunking' fireground channels does anyone know and would like to share what other channels, apart from channels 279 to 282, make up Dist 8's updated comms plan?