Returning to hobby after a 15 year absence

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
daw24

Returning to hobby after a 15 year absence

Post by daw24 »

Hi All,

I am returning to the hobby after a 15-year absence. I know, after reading all the relevant posts etc, that the systems in Victoria have changed severely. I am aware that Vicpol, MFESB, AV & VICSES are all on or are going over to the MMR & RMR systems and I know that VICPOL are encrypted and MFESB, AV, & VICSES are not (as of yet).

I recently purchased a new Pajero and wish to set it up with a few radio comms units. I am leaning toward the Uniden UH8060S for this purpose. But l also want to listen to the emerg services in Melbourne (what's left of them anyway), air & marine bands and was leaning toward the UNIDEN UBCD536-PT for this.

My question, can l program (i should say, get somebody to program) the UBCD536-PT for VICPOL, MFESB, AV & VICES for use in MMR & RMR as l will require the vehicle to go country from time to time. The unit comes with CFA already installed. And if so, who is the best at programming the unit? I am in the southeast of Melb.

Thank you in advance for your wise knowledge and wisdom!! :D
dags19

Re: Returning to hobby after a 15 year absence

Post by dags19 »

daw24

Post by daw24 »

pardon my ignorance, I assume all I do is insert the flash drive into the units and the unit self-installs or similar??
Britedj

Post by Britedj »

Try Southeastern Communications in Rosebud. Their website is https://www.secomms.com.au/. Hope this helps
scannerman

Post by scannerman »

Inbox me and i can give you the files you need. dont waste your money on idiots on ebay selling software that was most likely stolen of someone else and should be free. happy to help with all your inquiries
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

daw24 wrote:pardon my ignorance, I assume all I do is insert the flash drive into the units and the unit self-installs or similar??
Connect the radio to a computer via the supplied USB lead, run the software and you're away, provided you read the instructions.