CFA Phase 2

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
X-Firey

Re: CFA Phase 2

Post by X-Firey »

Fireground channels are used for general fireground comms and obviously incident management for the average 'job'. IMC and IC's are generally used for larger and prolonged incidents where the various layers of management come into play to manage resources, manpower etc.

I think IC's and IMC's are much the same thing. At a major incident you would probably have fireground chs, IC chs and IMC chs on the go. It would all depend on the size, type and complexity of the situation.

IMC channels that utilise repeaters would be used to communicate over a greater range or where simplex may not be possible e.g. hills and mountains....
Blake

Post by Blake »

Thanks for that bloke.

So, say for instance, when i'm tuned in to my local D22 dispatch, a unit arrives on scene and says something like 'switching over to fireground channel xxx', they disappear from D22, so they are using a 'local' digital simplex frequency?

I'm kinda getting confuzelled here. :shock:

So P25 Trunking, multi-site, each site with a different control channel.
Each site shares a set of talkgroup channels, one for each district, correct?
When they arrive on-scene and want to communicate with other units, they switch to a fireground channel, or an incident management channel? which are digital, but simplex?

Is there a list of fireground channel frequencies avalible?

Sorry blokes, i'm just trying to understand this far-from-simple setup, thanks for persisting :roll:
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

That is correct they go to a simplex digital channel. If you check out VicRadio Zone there is a comprehensive list of CFA radio channels listed there. To get you started the initial ones used in D22 would be Chs 342, 343 & 344.
Blake

Post by Blake »

Ah right, I think I understand now. Thanks.
I done stuffed up too, i'm in D20, not D22. :oops: Bloody hell.

So, say for instance, D20A fireground channel, would be 161.12500
D20B would be 161.05000
D20C would be 161.02500

Does that mean, that D20 only has 3 fireground channels?
Because i've heard them use other numbered fireground channels as well.

I'm guessing then, that they would have the 2 IMC's as well - 163.26250 & 163.35000???

I checked out vicradiozone again, this link: https://vicradiozone.com/fire/country-f ... -channels/. It only has some of them? or am I missing something.

I understand how the RMR and TG's work, it's just these pesky fireground channels.
Would anyone have a comprehensive list that they'd be willing to share?

Or, maybe I already have one.
I'm working off this:

[REMOVED]

Or is that horrible outdated (it's DEC 2015).

Thanks guys.

EDIT: just found this as well:
The CFA digital fire-ground channels are simplex channels and operate on a line of site principle. The CFA digital incident command channels work via repeaters over a greater distance.
Last edited by Blake on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blake

Post by Blake »

This has all been solved now blokes, thanks for all the help.
And apologies for taking it a bit off the track of my original post.

Cheers
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Blake wrote:Ah right, I think I understand now. Thanks.
I done stuffed up too, i'm in D20, not D22. :oops: Bloody hell.

So, say for instance, D20A fireground channel, would be 161.12500
D20B would be 161.05000
D20C would be 161.02500

Does that mean, that D20 only has 3 fireground channels?
Because i've heard them use other numbered fireground channels as well.

I'm guessing then, that they would have the 2 IMC's as well - 163.26250 & 163.35000???

I checked out vicradiozone again, this link: https://vicradiozone.com/fire/country-f ... -channels/. It only has some of them? or am I missing something.

I understand how the RMR and TG's work, it's just these pesky fireground channels.
Would anyone have a comprehensive list that they'd be willing to share?

Or, maybe I already have one.
I'm working off this:
2015_radiochannellistv5_69447.pdf
Or is that horrible outdated (it's DEC 2015).

Thanks guys.

EDIT: just found this as well:
The CFA digital fire-ground channels are simplex channels and operate on a line of site principle. The CFA digital incident command channels work via repeaters over a greater distance.
Yup I've only managed to get some of the info up so far due to a lack of time. Bubs no.2 dropped 6 weeks ago so needless to say time for coding has been severely limited.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Blake

Post by Blake »

Pumper_50 wrote:Yup I've only managed to get some of the info up so far due to a lack of time. Bubs no.2 dropped 6 weeks ago so needless to say time for coding has been severely limited.
No worries mate, life's a bugger, always getting in the road of fun :D
I'm guessing that it's not just time for coding that's short: sleeping as well hey mate :wink:
It's an amazing resource, keep it up.