Victorian Emergency Services P25 Upgrade

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
Boort8720

Victorian Emergency Services P25 Upgrade

Post by Boort8720 »

Hi Guys,

Some of you are probably aware about the Victorian Emergency Services Digital P25 Upgrade. Victoria Police will definitely be Digital Encrypted by 2017.

It has also been announced that both Ambulance Victoria and VIC SES are going to be switched from the SMR, across to the RMR Network. If anyone has any information about network layouts or channel plans, please feel free to share.

At this stage it has only been announced and any trials or action (from what I've heard) are yet to be commenced.

Regards, Mitch
Mitch Baker - VK3GLV

Uniden UBCD396XT, BCT15X, UBCD996T, UBCD436-PT, Tait TM9100, Simoco SRM9000 (VHF + UHF DMAP), Icom IC-2730a, Codan 9323 (Codan 9030 Autotune Antenna), Retevis RT52
Slattery

Re: Victorian Emergency Services P25 Upgrade

Post by Slattery »

I presume you are referring to Victoria Police country radio traffic?
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

It's not just VicPol (Rural) or SES (both Metro & Rural) where changes will be occurring.

There are other entities that will migrate to both MMR and RMR.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
scannerman

Post by scannerman »

Is the upgrade to a P25 phrase 2 system or are they sticking with phrase 1? or dont we know yet?
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

they might go with the QLD GWN one- P25 Phase 2 with encryption a across every thing.
scannerman

Post by scannerman »

there not gonna encrypt VicFire not with all the money the cfa invested in those uniden 436's i think Ambo's along with police should be encrypted. And i think Victoria's Paging system needs a upgrade i dont like the idea of everyone knowing everything about ambulance and cfa jobs. i hope they dont go phrase 2 i just brought a new 396xt :)
Slattery

Post by Slattery »

July 2017 and Vicpol country radio still not encrypted
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

The word was that the rollout of new equipment was going to start mid 2017.
There is probably a warehouse somewhere with a couple of hundred Tait radios in it ready to be installed...
I read else where on this forum that police in District P2 are now carrying Tait portables.