Avalon Airshow

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
willowtech

Avalon Airshow

Post by willowtech »

Hi All

Wondering if anyone has an up to date frequencies list for the Airshow at the end of Feb 2015 at Avalon. I have all the standard aviation frequencies , but looking to see if there are any other interesting frequencies worth loading into the scanner for the event.

There are a number of lists online from older events, eg http://aus.radio.scanner.narkive.com/PK ... -this-list

But look into see if there are any updates before I load up the scanner.

Cheers
Radio_Australia

Re: Avalon Airshow

Post by Radio_Australia »

Can't help with exact frequencies , but Unidens "Close Call" function would work a treat with standard simplex air frequencies .
willowtech

Post by willowtech »

Yeah was thinking that as well. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Xstream003

Post by Xstream003 »

What is unidens close call? Do i need a gps like the new scanners for it to work?
michael
Administrator

Post by michael »

Vk3nlc wrote:What is unidens close call? Do i need a gps like the new scanners for it to work?
Close call does not use GPS.

It is essentially a feature that was introduced a few years back on the 72XLT/92XLT (thats as far back as I can recall it) where it finds, locks onto and displays any nearby transmitters within the scanners frequency limits.

Important to note: The transmitters need to be actually transmitting for them to lock on, there is often some confusion with people who don't understand how it works where they mistakenly think it can find and lock onto any frequency in the area regardless of whether it is being transmitted on or not.

When you don't know of any nearby frequencies, this is a handy feature to have access to.

More info here:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.ph ... Close_Call