GRN Control Channels

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for New South Wales, covering Sydney, Riverina, Blue Mountains, Shoalhaven etc
panrid67

GRN Control Channels

Post by panrid67 »

G'Day all,

I have a Uniden UBCD396T which I used to monitor the GRN in western Sydney. The closest GRN tower to me is Glenbrook and I receive quite good signal from this tower. The problem I am having of late (for some reason) is that my scanner keeps randomly using the control channels for the Kurrajong and Mt Tomah towers which give me awful reception.

Unplugging the antenna and plugging it back in will sometimes result in the scanner returning to the Glenbrook control channel but it will quite often revert back. Unplugging the antenna and plugging it back in every 10 minutes or so is getting quite annoying.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the scanner stick with the Glenbrook control channel?

Cheers
blacktown
Forum Manager

Re: GRN Control Channels

Post by blacktown »

Have you tried listening to the GRN via Horsley Park on 417.4625?'
I find Horsley Park gets the best coverage for Western Sydney and Blue Mountains
Can't help you on why Glenbrook drops in and out. I can't hear it from SW Sydney because of line of sight issues
panrid67

Post by panrid67 »

Haven't tried listening via Horsley Park. Thanks for the info!

I'll try and give that a go.

Cheers.
blacktown
Forum Manager

Post by blacktown »

I noticed that on commercial frequencies (eg bussing), it was quite common for somebody high up in the Blue Mountains, to use Horsley Park to talk to somebody lower down at Penrith, as both users had line of sight with Horsley Park. I am assuming that the same happens on the GRN via affiliations