Getting more info on Talkgroups

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for New South Wales, covering Sydney, Riverina, Blue Mountains, Shoalhaven etc
robocop

Getting more info on Talkgroups

Post by robocop »

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering how up to date is the GRN info on the RadioReference website?
I have used thier website to program my ubcd396xt.

There are certain talkgroups, where the types of transmissions I recieve do not match the talkgroup description.

For example, talkgroup 10019. On my Radio, it comes up as Rural Fire Services. Alpha Tag on RR is "ESO10" but nothing comes up on my radio.
When I pick up their transmissions, its sounds more like some kind of security, or maybe even the police! Yes I know NSW police are encrypted, but its what I'm hearing. For example "Reports of a suspicious man hanging around the gate" or "car has been broken into, window smashed and phone and wallet stolen". Another time they were searching for a Silver Ute, with shredded tires. Or an aboriginal male with complete description of what he was wearing regarding an assualt or domestic incident.

What am I hearing? I enjoy getting those transmissions, just wish I knew what they were, because I would like to add more similar talkgroups if there are any.

Cheers
Kev :)
peteramjet

Re: Getting more info on Talkgroups

Post by peteramjet »

ESO10 is a liaison link with NSW Police. It is patched to channel U (which is still analogue).

As for Radioreference - don't bother. Use the nswgrn.com website and the plethora of forums with up to date info.
blacktown
Forum Manager

Post by blacktown »

I think you will find the ESO10 patch is now linked to Channel Quebec (eg Tamworth, Armidale)
The Uniform patch was dropped late last year for Quebec
Which makes me think Sierra & Uniform encryption isnt too far away

Why have the ESO10 patch ? Answer is found in the publically accessible NSW Police Handbook
"Non-NSWPF rescue helicopters to not have access to NSWPF radio encryption codes and therefore cannot communicate directly with officers via the NSWPF encrypted radio channels. To overcome this, a ‘liaison channel’ has been established to allow officers to communicate with a non-NSWPF rescue helicopter in time of need"
Newy1234

Post by Newy1234 »

Second last and last post in this thread.

http://www.aussiescanners.com.au/forum/ ... 209#p40209
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

blacktown wrote:I think you will find the ESO10 patch is now linked to Channel Quebec (eg Tamworth, Armidale)
The Uniform patch was dropped late last year for Quebec
Indeed it does appear so. Thanks for the update blacktown.
robocop

Post by robocop »

Newy1234 wrote:Second last and last post in this thread.

http://www.aussiescanners.com.au/forum/ ... 209#p40209

Lol thanks Newy! I knew I had asked that question before but couldn't find it! I forgot it wasn't my own thread
Sorry guys for doubleposting this. When I couldn't find the other thread I assumed it was on a different forum somewhere else. I've joined 6 or 7 forums since getting my RS Pro-96 & ubc396xt, and have forgotten a few of them since they suck hahaha, like almost zero activity.