Looking for good things to listen to in liverpool.

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for New South Wales, covering Sydney, Riverina, Blue Mountains, Shoalhaven etc
robocop

Looking for good things to listen to in liverpool.

Post by robocop »

Hi guys,

I've been scanning on my UBCD396XT and been listening to the NSW GRN.
Most of what I hear is ambulance and fire transmissions.
I am looking for something new to listen to.
While at Westfields Shopping Centre, I switched on my Close Call feature hoping to get security or something else exciting but I only got radio statics followed by beeps.

Can anyone recommend any good frequencies?
Something exciting like security would be great. I miss having the police on my scanner lol

Cheers
Kev
blacktown
Forum Manager

Re: Looking for good things to listen to in liverpool.

Post by blacktown »

Analog is slowly disappearing around Liverpool as digital (mainly DMR) takes over
Building construction sites (during day) and pub security (night) can be heard by scanning the UHF CB Band (away from Ch3 and Ch7 repeaters).
Not much else P25 apart from GRN - oh yeah local RFS use 422-424mhz in addition to GRN
Liverpool Council 163.9500Mhz analog
Liverpool Westfield is DMR (Digital)
Liverpool Hospital is DMR as well
Same for Mounties (the local club) .... DMR
Liverpool Railway Station is still analogue: 411.1375, 411.7375, 412.3875 (but long term transitioning to DMR)
Local bussing is using DMR trunking
M5 South-west Motorway (Interlink Roads) using DMR
Warwick Farm Racecourse uses mainly analogue simplex but has just commissioned a 490Mhz NXDN digital trunking site .. Simplex 485.0500, 494.8125, 509.9000, 519.6250, 519.8500 and duplex 506.2875
I have heard the Godolphin Group training horses on 474.825 Simplex
Casula Mall is on 484.825 Simplex
robocop

Post by robocop »

Thanks for the helpful reply, Blacktown! Its exactly the kind of info I was after.

So I see alot of services are migrating to DMR. I feel kind of silly now paying $400 for the UBCD396XT. Especially since it was recently discontinued, meaning the price will drop real soon. Officeworks had them on clearance at $199 but i missed out.

I will try scanning the few analog sites you have given me. Thanks very much for those, butI really would love to listen to the other DMR systems. Is there any way to listen to DMR? What kind of scanner would be needed and how much would that equipment cost?
robocop

Post by robocop »

I've been looking around. Seems people in the UK are loving a cheap DMR radio, the TYT MD-380
Will a DMR 2-way radio let me listen to those dmr networks?
Or are they encrypted?