Newbie Needs Reccomendation

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for New South Wales, covering Sydney, Riverina, Blue Mountains, Shoalhaven etc
penrithclaim
Newly Registered Users

Newbie Needs Reccomendation

Post by penrithclaim »

Hello everyone!

Had a browse around the forum. Seems to be a wealth of information on here, which is great.

I do however have some questions.

Could someone recommend a decent scanner to purchase to be able to listen into local Fire/ Ambo / Police/ RMS etc.

Looking to buy a current model device. Also, a place that would program it for me also. Or if its easy enough, i can program it.

Want to be able to listen on Local (Penrith, NSW Area), also other regions of Sydney (Western Suburbs, East, North & South)

Could anyone here recommend a shop (i was looking at Ryda, they have a Uniden UBCD396XT) is this the kind of device i would need? Or is there a better one?

The device would need to be portable.

Thanks!
soot_e

Re: Newbie Needs Reccomendation

Post by soot_e »

Don't bother if you are wanting to listen to police.. In my area on channels I used to listen in now are used by Ambos and country energy
Phil
Administrator

Re: Newbie Needs Reccomendation

Post by Phil »

penrithclaim wrote:Hello everyone!

Had a browse around the forum. Seems to be a wealth of information on here, which is great.

I do however have some questions.

Could someone recommend a decent scanner to purchase to be able to listen into local Fire/ Ambo / Police/ RMS etc.

Looking to buy a current model device. Also, a place that would program it for me also. Or if its easy enough, i can program it.

Want to be able to listen on Local (Penrith, NSW Area), also other regions of Sydney (Western Suburbs, East, North & South)

Could anyone here recommend a shop (i was looking at Ryda, they have a Uniden UBCD396XT) is this the kind of device i would need? Or is there a better one?

The device would need to be portable.

Thanks!
NSW Police in your area are using P25 with Encryption
all other services are using the NSWGRN which the 396XT is able to decode it, it is relatively easy to program if in doubt i am sure there are local members who might be able to help you
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG