Welcome to the Aussie Scanners group, register today and join in the fun!!!  The main website, forum and tapatalk have all been updated...  Why not introduce yourself in the member introductions forum ? ...

Sydney Trains

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for New South Wales, covering Sydney, Riverina, Blue Mountains, Shoalhaven etc

Sydney Trains

Postby melbournefan » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:42 am

Anyone know the frequencies for sydney trains and the light rail?
melbournefan

Re: Sydney Trains

Postby comport1 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:16 pm

melbournefan wrote:Anyone know the frequencies for sydney trains and the light rail?

Hi

When i was in Sydney around February 2015, i questioned this, and was told Sydney Rail Network,(Electrification) that they have moved (or in the process) over to the GSM-R Digital Train Radio System that operates around the 1700MHz - 1800Mhz Area, or 1.7 Ghz - 1.8 Ghz. Can not monitor with Scanners. Also, aren't they on the NSW GRN P25 network? You may still here some (if little) traffic on 417-418 Mhz area, but not certain at all.

Someone on here should be able to confirm this, but i'm not located in Sydney.

Cheers
------------------------------------------
Comport1
comport1

Postby melbournefan » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:50 pm

Some ST users are on the GRN but I don't think cab to control.
melbournefan

Postby blacktown » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:15 am

Analogue metronet is still in use throughout by crews and signallers + GRN P25 digital trunking by track staff, contract security etc
UGL who are installing the GSM-R under a $200 million contract are in the very early stages of trialling the new GSM-R in one region using a test train ie debugging
Most of the GSM-R towers are already in place

http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/project ... dio-system
blacktown

Postby melbournefan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:58 am

blacktown wrote:Analogue metronet is still in use throughout by crews and signallers + GRN P25 digital trunking by track staff, contract security etc
UGL who are installing the GSM-R under a $200 million contract are in the very early stages of trialling the new GSM-R in one region using a test train ie debugging
Most of the GSM-R towers are already in place

http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/project ... dio-system

I heard it was only in use on the bondi line and that they will just trial it there, if i did go down there i will probably scan the line that goes thru the airport.
melbournefan

Return to New South Wales