NSW GRN fire and ambulance your own area

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for New South Wales, covering Sydney, Riverina, Blue Mountains, Shoalhaven etc
wheels

NSW GRN fire and ambulance your own area

Post by wheels »

Hello All, some years ago before GRN was encrypted you could put your own suburb close enough to your area eg Chullora NSW. Is there any way you can still do that for the Fire Brigade and for the ambulance.

I have a 396T scanner

I have put the control frequencies in according to radio reference website but don't seem to hear anything.

Any assistance appreciated regards Mark
bathurstscan

Re: NSW GRN fire and ambulance your own area

Post by bathurstscan »

http://www.bathurstscan.com/radio-scanner-data-files/ -

Guys ive made up a quick ref page, also a zip file of my Data files for the Uniden 396 T , as most of you might know, you can use the mem files in the XT scanners as well , using the import function on the Butel Software.

Dave
chrisco

Post by chrisco »

Wheels
Have you set the band plan? & checked it is mot type2 p25.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2
wheels

Post by wheels »

hello again, I just got your message. Now I do not have a band plan

Sorry for the delay in your message I got a new computer
chrisco

Post by chrisco »

How did you go wheels see pic for info on the band plan for the 396t

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wheels

Post by wheels »

hello Chris, not sure exactly what you mean and want me to do. I was talking to Dave from Bathurst and he has some files which I got again the other day as I have a new computer but for some reason the ambulance is only picking up everything in the West, I mean way out west.

I went to the dentist today, I had previously put in frequency the last time from him and was listening to patient transport. This time in the last update of the files from his website, there were places like Wollongong Lithgow coming home today there was a place where way out west, nothing much from the Sydney.

The fire brigade one seems to be quite okay, not sure what's going on there.

But as far as what you are asking have not done anything because I am at a loss exactly what you are trying to explain.
a long while ago I programmed to control frequencies for the New South Wales GRN and could hear the patient transport on that one but as far as David one he has there was nothing. Very strange.
I have not played with it for a fair while since we moved three years ago only setting up in the last few months after unpacking. I wanted to get the next model up as well if it is worth it before they run out and become extinct.

I have a new computer again and want to set up everything. Using butel software.

Regards Mark
chrisco

Post by chrisco »

Sorry for the belated repy. okay you have grn all sorted then :)

wheels

Post by wheels »

hello Chris know I don't, I'm trying to find the particular services to put the frequencies in the for the ambulance and Fire Brigade, SES etc etc. To make up the systems.

What I do have is control frequencies for my local area which gives me the tgid. I know which area uses the patient transport so that's okay but I want to make systems up for each of the particular services.to make it easier to scan, I can block out the other banks

David from Bathurst has data files but as I said I think previously the ambulance datafile does not seem to be right for me because it is showing areas so far away hundreds of miles away nowhere near Sydney.

As I said what I need is the services and the frequencies for each of those services to make up systems

Sorry if this sounds a bit vague

Regards Mark
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

Mark, if you have the 396T all you need is the control channel frequency. You don't need to enter any other frequency or band plan like you used to in years gone past, the scanner will work it all out automatically.

Once that is done 'search' the site (not 'scan') to listen to all the talkgroups. 'Scan' will only work if you have the talkgroups you want programmed in, and by the sound of things you don't know the talkgroup ID that you want.

If you are looking for talkgroups go to the NSW GRN website. All the talkgroups are listed there.
wheels

Post by wheels »

hello again, thank you for the reply, I got your message about 1:30 AM. I just don't know how David at Bathurst was able to get the different organisations ambulance, fire, SES, RfSto have them separated so you can put them into different banks anyway I'll have a look. Thank you for your advice.

Regarding the TGId I thought there was a way to put those in from what I remember reading the software manual. There are some online ones which is easy for me to read an even better than PDF files as they could be a bit of a pain to find any information quickly.

Sorry to cause all the hassles regards Mark
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

Mark, you can definitely put in individual talkgroup ID's do the scanner will only listen to that talkgroup, but you need to know the ID. What is the talkgroup ID you are trying to listen to?
wheels

Post by wheels »

I wasn't expecting a message back so quick as it so late, I forgot to have a look where you are. Have you had a look at David and his files that he has to see what he has done?

Also when you mention search, it will be to do the opposite and use scan, I can't remember why.

As far as the search is concerned I think it could fix it up in the software, could you confirm that.

For arguments sake the envelopes which users of patient transport is a starting with number seven.

When you look at the frequencies that David has put in for the ambulance the early 50s search the ambulance channel, he hasn't put the talk.group it is all frequencies, the same with the fire and SES so I don't know how it's done that he can segregate just the ambulance. It has put a link on the forum I figured by topic of which there are two.

Regards Mark
wheels

Post by wheels »

sorry I can assure the rest of your question, the Fire Brigade, ambulance, SES, RfS.

Sorry I missed part of your question previously

Regards Mark
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

I'm a little confused. If you are trying to listen to one GRN site (Chullora?) the only frequency you need is the control channel - nothing else. Being a P25 system the scanner will automatically figure out the other freqs and the band plan. I'm not sure why the file you have has a lot of frequencies for each site as they are not needed.

The Chullora control channel freq is 416.2500MHz.

I can't view Davids files as I don't have the Butel software, but for you to start it would be easier setting up a new system manually on the scanner or in the software. The option is something like 'New System' then select 'P25'. Add the control channel frequency and off you go. All done. You can then add talkgroups later when you confirm them.

Once the site is set up you can switch between 'scan' and 'search' by pressing the 'Scan' button the keypad. The display will then show either SEARCH or SCAN.

The talkgroups of all the services you mentioned are on the NSW GRN website so just get the ones off there that you need for you area.
wheels

Post by wheels »

hello there thank you very much for the info, last night I was on hearing of an e-mail that somebody sent they were going to send screen captures or other info, not sure if it was you, for some reason I did not receive your info e-mail to say that there was a message on the website. Otherwise I would have been here sooner

Thank you for that I will try that, no wonder the talk groups were not coming up, I forgot to put control channel

I'll have to read through the messages again as there are two topics I have put on here regarding these problems

Thank you again regards Mark

PS the section does have the box text to be notified so I don't know why your message wasn't received anyway lucky I checked
wheels

Post by wheels »

hello there, I managed to get that all fixed up using the Chullora control channel and then creating a group and adding the talk groups. It's amazing what different group you can pick up.

Also when I was using Davids information for the ambulance which was a whole lot of frequencies it showed the name of the particular thing example patient transport.

That is something I want to get fixed up with possible to show again

that is what I've tried to find out how he got the frequencies just for the ambulance so that when it shows up in locks on the channel I can save it because that is what I needed when I go out in the ambulance because they use that particular channel for my transport

Regards Mark

Also in regards to those files they can also be used in Uniden software I think that they are only MEM, I may be wrong if some informed me
bathurstscan

Post by bathurstscan »

Mark - the patient transport Talkgroups are part of all the other talkgroups within Ambos - what i can do , is create a system only for Patient transport, maybe have it set as System Quick key 1. that way only those will appear .

Nothing else will scan while that system quick key is on .

Dave
wheels

Post by wheels »

hello Dave, yes that would be good instead of getting everything else.

Also because now I do not have access outside for an antenna on the roof like what it previously with my log periodic is there anything that can be used on the inside to get better access to listening instead of the rubber duck antenna?

I have a preamplifier connected at the moment as well which helps.

I wish we never had to move, I had a wonderful set up previously but building has been knocked down now.

Thank you for your e-mail regards Mark