AOR AR-DV1

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Queensland, covering Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Rockhampton etc
dags19

AOR AR-DV1

Post by dags19 »

Just wondering if anybody owns one of these have had any luck decoding any tetra signals,just trying to work out if it is worth the cost or just general thoughts of it in australia
thanks dags19
railscan

Re: AOR AR-DV1

Post by railscan »

dags19 wrote:Just wondering if anybody owns one of these have had any luck decoding any tetra signals,just trying to work out if it is worth the cost or just general thoughts of it in australia
thanks dags19
The DV1 is generally no good for decoding TETRA unless you have a considerable amount of DMO to listen to. It will not decode TMO so keep your money in your pocket for the time being.

R
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

have one, but Tetra is used by the Glink trams on the gold coast. all low power hence i am a little bit far away from them. everything else is great with it. this radio is not a scanner as such but a receiver.
railscan

Post by railscan »

alinco21 wrote:have one, but Tetra is used by the Glink trams on the gold coast. all low power hence i am a little bit far away from them. everything else is great with it. this radio is not a scanner as such but a receiver.
The GLink system is TMO (trunking) the DV1 will not receive it even if you were on board a tram. DMO (direct mode) is all the TETRA the DV1 is capable of.

R
dags19

Post by dags19 »

So what would be the equivalent to AOR by the other manufactures just my next purchase i want to take it to the grave with me :lol:
railscan

Post by railscan »

dags19 wrote:So what would be the equivalent to AOR by the other manufactures just my next purchase i want to take it to the grave with me :lol:
Alas you are going to be lonely in the coffin. There is nothing that can do all modes. Well almost nothing, there is the ubiquitous SDR, software and computer. Clumsy and not really an equivalent. Short answer, depends on what you are prepared to compromise on.

R
Last edited by railscan on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dags19

Post by dags19 »

thanks everybody i will see what pops up in the next couple of months looking around before tax time