New user: Questions about driving with Scanner

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Queensland, covering Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Rockhampton etc
Kazzaw
Forum Manager

New user: Questions about driving with Scanner

Post by Kazzaw »

Hi,

I was just wondering whether it was legal to drive with a Portable scanner inside your vehicle in QLD.. I haven't been able to see anything posted as of yet.

Thanks
(sorry if this is in the wrong location, new here )
railscan

Re: New user: Questions about driving with Scanner

Post by railscan »

Kazzaw wrote:Hi,
I was just wondering whether it was legal to drive with a Portable scanner inside your vehicle in QLD.. I haven't been able to see anything posted as of yet.
Thanks
(sorry if this is in the wrong location, new here )
Yes even in Queensland it is legal to drive with a scanner in your car, truck, tractor or pushbike. In fact you can do it in any state in Australia.

R
Steamy Moose

Post by Steamy Moose »

The use of scanners is usually fine, it's more the issue of what you do with the information you hear on it...
chilicom

Post by chilicom »

The information and knowledge from scanner listening has come in very handy for the police when on a couple occassions we have had a hot burg. Heard them moving around. Knowing the information ,how to give it succinctly and fast to the call taker has aided the police in catching them . On one occasion with my 30cm Chefs knife in his hand and right into their arms. They were very happy chappies.