Alinco DJ-X30

Discussion on Alinco technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
AIRMAN

Alinco DJ-X30

Post by AIRMAN »

Another model that has caught my interest is the DJ-X30 which is available here. This has a lot of features for the money.

Anyone here own one? I would like to know how they feel about it before I pull the pin.
Comint

Re: Alinco DJ-X30

Post by Comint »

AIRMAN wrote:Another model that has caught my interest is the DJ-X30 which is available here. This has a lot of features for the money.

Anyone here own one? I would like to know how they feel about it before I pull the pin.
Looking at the circuit diagram of the DJ-X30, it would seem that it suffers from the same problem as the Icoms, namely MONO audio, even though it has a STEREO socket (also used for PC programmimg - just like the Icoms).

And for others reading this post, reports are that the DJ-X30 has a very limited Command Set. It is PC Programmable, but NOT PC Controllable - a major shortcoming.

--
Comint
AIRMAN

Re: Alinco DJ-X30

Post by AIRMAN »

Thanks Comint.
One more to cross off my list!